Airbnb 2-factor authentication IMPOSSIBLE to set up.

Nicky170
Level 1
Fort Augustus, United Kingdom

Airbnb 2-factor authentication IMPOSSIBLE to set up.

Hi everyone,
I am trying to set up Airbnb 2-factor authentication but the system doesn't allow me.

I have removed from my account the old telephone numbers that can't receive automated messages because they are landline and I added and verified my mobile but when I go to set up the 2 factor authentication, the system still defaults to the old landline even if it's no longer on the account.

I spoke with Airbnb exstensively and they only said to wait.

I need to add this verification to be able to access to the account after 1st of June and I don't know what else to try.
Anyone with the same issue?

3 Replies 3
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Nicky170 

You’re right.

I receive the message on 13 May, but I couldn't set up the 2-step authentication as well, and I believe other members have the same issue. 

We may need to wait for the system to upgrade and set up before 1 June 2021.

Otherwise, we won't be able to review the payout history.

Rebecca1469
Level 1
Long Clawson, United Kingdom

I have been up and running since May28th.  I have not received any payout due to the 2 step authentication process not accepting any 6 digit pin i enter.  It tells me the pin is invalid.  So my payout is none existant.  How long do you leave it.  I owe thousands.

Alexander1315
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Hello, anyone here has been able to work out the 2 factor autentication process?

I don't have access to my email account and phone number because they are old and lost access and because of that I can't set up the 2 factor authentication process to add a payout method (bank account or paypal or whatever) to my account, and therefore be able to get payed for being a host. As of now, I can't get payed for 7 guests I already had.