Airbnb Plus and Accepted Reservation Rate

Answered!
Lauren-and-Shawn0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb Plus and Accepted Reservation Rate

Good Morning Community!

As proud Airbnb Superhosts we are interested in exploring some of the new Airbnb Opportunities, including Airbnb Plus.

The only requirement we do not meet is our Accepted Reservation Rate, which is around 80%.

The problem is that the only time we decline a reservation is when our space is not a good fit for the guest because they have clearly not read our profile and the rules/details of the space.

Many people will ask about extended stays, which we are not a good fit for due to no kitchen, etc. Or ask about details of the kitchen (again there is not one). They may want to bring far more people than is safe, etc. etc.

For us to accept these bookings would be unfair to the guests and potentially not safe.

How do we continue to welcome the right guests to our space so that they have an excellent stay and not effect our Accepted Reservation Rate?

Thank you for your insights!

Lauren

1 Best Answer

@Lauren-and-Shawn0   If it is just an enquiry you can write a message and that counts as a response.  I never decline enquiries.

If they have actually booked the place what I have done is explain that my listing is not suitable for their needs and ask them to cancel and I will refund them 100%.  Of course they will need to call Airbnb and haggle over getting the Airbnb fee back. But Airbnb seems to be amenable to that–customer relations, brand etc.– if the reason is valid and the guest not a repeat offender.  On occasion I have called Airbnb and asked them to cancel because of pets, children etc.  And/or write in the opening description – "Be sure to read the whole listing before booking to make sure it meets your needs and expectations".  I can't think of any other way.  It is a pain when guests do not read and the host gets dinged for it.

View Best Answer in original post

35 Replies 35

Totally with you in every point. The problem with my listing though, is that l a

most always receive request, not inquiries. It seems people doesn’t notice there is the possibility to contact the host first through mailing, without making an actual request. I can tell this is so, since l was making some bookings myself in the last trip, and the first button that l can see in red color is namely “make a request” . If you tap that they make it clear to you very quick, they will not charge you yet in doing so, so as guest, you just go on making a request instead an inquiry; as guest, airbnb makes for you much easier to make a request than an inquiry

HI had a 100% acceptance rate and after declining an enquirer  changed to 86%. I’m

trying to understand how the rate is calculated .

i declined as guests were  trying to force a  extremely low rate.

Scott393
Level 2
Empire, MI

Hi AIRBNB -

YOU evidently don't know that from June 16 to Sept 8, we only accept Saturday to Saturday Reservations for 7 or 14 day minimum stays.

So sorry, we can't take ANY LESS THAN 7-DAY reservations... Saturday 2pm to Saturday 10am

But wait - there is Hope!  We have the week of July 7 to 14 presently available for $1995, and would love to have Guests stay with us here at "The Happiest Place In Michigan".

We are then Full until August 18.

Our Regular Guests pay $1600 per week in the High-Season, $995 in the Off-Season, May 6 to June 16 and  September 8 to October 28.

Questions?? We have answers,,,   Yes, we have 2 Cottages, each sleep 8 Guests.  Aspen is directly on the Lakeshore while Hemlock is staggered to the left of Aspen with a nice Lake view.

The Cottages are one story, 3 bedrooms: Please bring your own linens for a Master double bed, a double bunk bedroom and a twin bunk bedroom... Please bring your own towels.

We are Still the best bargain on the Glen Lakeshore for a family of eight. 

Bike racks, microwave and gas ranges, stainless GE refrigerators, new BBQ's, Pyrex cookware, Nautica pillows and Velux blankets are some of the conveniences offered. 

Rustic Cottages, a beautiful Lake, abundant wildlife, free fire wood, 4 Kayaks, a canoe and a Lund fishing boat top the list of FREE amenities at Birch Shores.

We are located in the Heart of "The Most Beautiful Place in America" - The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park -A  GOOD MORNING AMERICA contest won by our Park in 2013. 

Two baby fawns were birthed just yards from us last May.  For 2 years, Reyna, our Fox Mom, birthed and raised two litters of kits underneath our Boat House. .

Birch Shores is 0.4 mile from M-22, 2 miles from picturesque Glen Arbor and 2 miles from the Dunes Climb... An ideal location for enjoying all the wonderful places of the area. 

Our regular Guests have Honeymooned here and have come back for over 30 years.  Families from Golden Colorado, the Mid-West and even Texas call our Lake the perfect vacation spot.   Three deep-water moorings for larger boats and boat trailer parking for Guests who bring their own boats is a bonus. 

This is the first year that we offer a 42" hi-def Monitor cable-connected to the Internet for music, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Pandora and more in the Hemlock Cottage. The Sy-Fy movie "Passengers", starring Scarlet Johanson, is one of the free Amazon offerings.

Some wi-fi is intermittent in Aspen - no promises there.

We look forward to seeing more smiling faces at "The Happiest Place in Michigan" - if not now, then perhaps this Fall.

Off-Season,  September 8 and beyond would be great for a visit... few tourists, lots to do or just sink into the hammock and let the world go on without you!

$150 per night or a 3-day long weekend for $400.   M-22 runs 0.4 miles from our door, and the circular M-22 Leelanau Fall Color Tour is ranked highest in the Nation.

Cheers!    

Scotty and Gail Seward - Owners since 1988

Jaxon0
Level 6
Stafford, VA

I have only declined one reservation request in over a year, and it was because the guest wanted to bring 6+ persons to a 2-person maximum listing.  I just noticed my "approval rating" dropped to 87%?  Why are we penalized for declining when the guest(s) aren't reading the listings' requirements?  I also get a message from Airbnb that states if I don't pre-approve or decline an inquiry, it counts as a no-response on my part.  Airbnb is leaning more and more towards corporate spaces, and less friendly to those who only rent out a room or a single unit.

David1061
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

I think the reservation acceptance rate parameter is garbage. I am constantly receiving requests that are off the wall and bear no resemblance to the requested dates or suitability of the property for the guests. For example, every year we receive requests to book our cottage for the whole summer, while the request is for a few random days. Or someone wants to have their family reunion with 3 RVs in the yard of my cottage. Or they want to put 3 families with 8 adults and 6 children in my 1 bedroom cottage that accommodates 5. I am not making this up. These are real scenarios. As long as people are people, and don't read the listing requirements I will be turning down a lot requests, even if Air bnb's stupid arbitrary acceptance rate isn't met.

This is exactly the problem I am having, David.  Thanks for your comments here.  I am consistently getting requests (not inquiries) from people who do not read the listing/booking requirements, and I get dinged anyway, because I have to "decline" these people.  My acceptance rate is way down and it is just not right!!  I sure hope this problem can be fixed, because I think this has caused my listing to be pushed way down the list, even though I have 5 star/100% rating and amazing reviews.  Such a bummer!