Airbnb is getting irritating

Airbnb is getting irritating

I know Airbnb is in this to make money.  But I am beginning to get a bit annoyed by their constant reminders and prodding.    

If there is any day I am able to sleep in, it would be a rare Saturday.  This morning at 6:32 I received a request to book one of my rooms.  That request woke me up and I responded with: "This room is listed for women only.  Are you having difficulty finding a place?  I know it can be hard."  I did not hear back from him for quite a while.  In the meantime, Airbnb sent me two notices to respond.  One telling me he inquired and the other telling me how much money I could make.

When he finally responded, he told me he was unable to find a room anywhere else.  Being who I am, I said that if he was unable to find a place to stay I could make an exception.  But did he have his COVID Vaccine.  That was at 7:42 this morning, it is now 1:15 and not response.  BUT I have heard from Airbnb twice again urging me to accept him.   Airbnb knows nothing about this person, except for a picture of him, which we are not shown until AFTER they book, maybe a driver's license and knowing they can pay.

First, my room is for Women only, because I am a single woman.  It clearly states that not only in the Title, but in the Description as well.  Second, I don't know if he has or has not been vaccinated.  In both cased, I feel those are my rights to set in place for my personal safety.  Whereas, obviously Airbnb is more concerned about the income for themselves.  Forget the fact that I may be at risk, they just want me to accept the man regardless of who he is or is not.  They also do not seem to care that I could be at risk health wise and as such need people vaccinated to come here. 

Not only that, it seems as if they have upped their notices when someone is booked with you.  I seem to get about 3 or 4 + notices of their arrival and what I should do to prepare, etc  starting a week to 10 days out.  Although I appreciate their notices to a point, I do not need that many reminders.  It really is beginning to feel it is all about the money for them and not about the Hosts themselves or the protection of their Hosts.  

Thanks for hearing me sound off. 🙂

Priscilla 150

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Priscilla150  I have often gotten booking requests or inquiries come through when I'm asleep. They don't wake me up because  I turn my phone ringers off when I go to sleep. Problem solved. 

If a guest can't wait for a response at a reasonable hour, I couldn't care less- I don't want them as guests. Their sense of urgency is none of my affair.

As for Airbnb's nagging, I just ignore that, like I ignore many other of life's annoyances.

Thank you.  I guess I need to practise my ignoring skills.  

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Priscilla150 @Sarah977 

If their website wasn’t so slow and difficult to use the repetitive messages would not be so annoying.

I have a supposedly unread message right now that I have already read twice.

I have that problem also, but I thought it was just my issue.