Airbnb made an error in restricting my Airbnb

Legacy-Dwellings0
Level 2
Florida, United States

Airbnb made an error in restricting my Airbnb

I am fully aware that Palm Beach county requires a business tax receipt and a tourist development tax to operate an Airbnb. I have BOTH on my listing. Out of nowhere Airbnb made my listing restricted to only long term rentals even with having the correct licenses and numbers on my listing. When I contact customer support, they say they don’t know why and someone will get back to me. This is ridiculous! I am losing bookings! Please help!! 

38 Replies 38
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Another host, @Gabrielle84, had the same thing happen, @Legacy-Dwellings0.  Maybe check in with her to see how she got it resolved?

Thank you for letting me know. I've sent her a message to see if she has any ideas on how to resolve. 

Andrea4731
Level 10
West Palm Beach, FL

I’m in Palm Beach County & the same thing has happened to me on April 7th! It is soo frustrating & no one from support is being helpful, but they did admit that they believe it’s a problem on their end! I will keep you updated if I get any solutions. At this point I’m so upset & feel that Airbnb should compensate us for THEIR mistake.

@Andrea4731 This happened to me on the 7th as well! If there are more than one of us having the same issue they should address is more promptly. I've been calling every day and they have yet to give me an answer. I also think the majority of the customer service are overseas and are not exactly aware of Airbnb and the management. I am tempted to create a duplicate listing to not miss out on potential bookings. 

I've heard if you make it public on Twitter and call them out they may react a little quicker.... at this point i think the issue needs to be addressed immediately. They charge sufficient fees to guests and to hosts for them to have a website that does not operate properly. 

Right!! This is unacceptable! If I didn’t already have a lot of bookings that I would be afraid of losing if I made a duplicate account, I would. I just posted on Twitter 🤷‍♀️

Yes i'm going back and forth on whether to create a duplicate account and block off the dates that are currently booked on my original listing and then whatever bookings I get with the duplicate listing I would just have to keep track of and then delist it once the issue is resolved assuming I don't get a booking well into the future.... The other user from Seattle said it took weeks and weeks for the issue to be resolved. I definitely am not willing to lose out on weeks of bookings. This stinks! I am going to try and find your post on Twitter and comment as well. Hopefully other people will see it and draw attention to it. It must be a Palm Beach County thing....

@Andrea4731 Could you send me the link to the twitter post? 

@Legacy-Dwellings0  So I did some digging & it seems someone on here has had our same issue in Palm Beach County & figured that we need a tdt number, btr  AND a lbtr! It doesn’t state this anywhere on Airbnb so it makes it difficult to know... but I have an appointment at the tax collectors office for Monday & hopefully that will remedy the situation! I’ll keep you posted 🤞

@Andrea4731  Please let me know what you find out. My understanding is that the btr was also called an lbtr. If it’s it as easy as getting a second number hopefully that will resolve the issue. Keep me posted 🤞

Still no resolution. I went to the Tax Collector & they told me I am all up to date & don’t need any other numbers 😩 back to square one.

@Andrea4731  @Andre10185 

I received the below message from AIRBNB support. It appears that they are blindly restricting listings in Palm Beach County because of certain short term rental bans in the county. This however does not apply to my listing. So I am extremely irritated that they have restricted my listing without knowing whether or not it applies to me. I’ve called multiple times after receiving the below message and I still have not reached a solution.

Hi Legacy,

I hope you are doing well. I have received a feedback from our team, have you talked to your Local Office because from what we can see there are some Palm Beach County listings which are STR ban. If everything is fine from your side, then let us know.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

There’s a google form you have to submit then it will work.

They are both the same number.  You need to submit this form online. You will need your TDT and LBTR numbers.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCUxpBnQPMxumXzAet51n3HhDuTAoZ9Y6djE_e4_waKHn6jg/viewform