Appeal to Airbnb's final decision

Teresa3
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

Appeal to Airbnb's final decision

We had an ABB guest who is supposed to stay with us for 7 days and wanted to cancel her reservation for the last 3 days after she moved in for four days.  We could not refund her for the remainder 3 days  according to the cancellation policy we published on ABB.  In order to get her refund, the guest made a false claim to ABB saying our internet did not work, and she needed to move out.  ABB refunded her for the 3 days based on what the guest's story.  When we found it out 2 days after, and told ABB that the guest's claim was false, and we have proof for it.  ABB case manager said it was too late, and she already made a final decision to refund the guest based on what the guest said, and we can not change or appeal her decision, and we can not talk to her supervisor either.  She sounded like she has the absolute power to make decisions for me with or without my agreement.  Does anyone know if there is way to appeal for the case manager's wrongful decisions?  

136 Replies 136
Georgia332
Level 1
Denver, CO

Need Advice: The “super host” misrepresented his property and did not disclose that the area was 50 feet away from a busy and loud highway.  I talked to the host and he was not amenable to negotiate my cancellation and also tacked on a $3,000 claim stating that his carpet runner was destroyed.

What does one do in a situation like this when Airbnb denies your cancellation request?

Please advise. 

I am having the same issue! I had a guest check in and say she was uncomfortable with my dog. When I asked kf she knew there was a dog she said yes she just doesnt like other peoples dogs. She demanded her money back two days later and so I sent a partial refund that was more than the cancellation policy allowed for. She claimed that my dog was dangerous (the two were never in the same room as each other and he's very well trained) so now ABB is requiring I send all the money back. Through this process my ability to host has been suspended so this one listing is costing me hundreds of dollars and I can’t even get new people in the listing to cover for it. Is there anything I can do? The case manager never once listened to what I had to say or even considered that this guest fabricated the whole situation.