Dudded by Airbnb Damage Protection

Noel1
Level 2
Brunswick, Australia

Dudded by Airbnb Damage Protection

Hi, I had a guest stay about 2 months ago, who hosted a party at my property and caused damage and additional cleaning. Mainly steam cleaning to remove smell of smoke from carpets. After assessing level of damage and getting quotes to repair I submitted a claim for damages a week after the stay. I have been in touch with Airbnb several times weekly to find out what is being done, each time I was reassured that all is fine and you’ll be reimbursed costs. Now I have just been told via email that the case is closed since 30 days has passed for a damage protection claim. It appears this is just a standard email as I replied stating what had occurred and received the same email from Airbnb. Just wondering if any other guests have similar experiences and found a way to resolve or get in touch with someone further up the chain who can provide true help. I have been a host with Airbnb for 10 years, in the past they have been very good to deal with, but terrible this time around.

4 Replies 4
Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Noel1 

Based on my experience when Airbnb has to pay for extra cleaning or house rules violations (late check out without notice, smoking inside the house, etc) they take a long time because the first thing they do is to ask the guest over and over to pay before they even considering paying out of their pocket. 

So, in multiple claims where I submitted house rules violations + extra cleaning fees or rules violations, Airbnb covered me using the Host Damage Protection in a matter of a day or two (after the guest declined the request) and then 30 or 40 days after to pay (or not) for the other fees..

I think that's the way they operate.

Mike from West Palm

Hi Mike, hmm interesting and thanks for the reply. Looking at your experience I think I can see what may have happened. The guest admitted to the party and promised to pay for damages, so this likely dragged it out further. Customer service have been really poor so feel I’m probably best to contact guest directly and ask for payment.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Noel1, I just want to let you know that I have passed this on to the team. Hopefully, they'll be able to look into this for you. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Noel1
Level 2
Brunswick, Australia

Thanks for the reply Quincy. Customer service have really let me down in many ways over this. But super appreciative that you may be able to assist with getting this matter properly addressed. Thank you