Attacked By A Guest - AirBNB decided the best action was to ban me!

Charles321
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Attacked By A Guest - AirBNB decided the best action was to ban me!

Hello,

I cant believe that I am actually having to write this post! My wife and I started renting out our spare bedroom on AirBNB in the new year - we have had around 13 guests - all of whom have left glowing, five star reviews. We were having a great time hosting, so far so good!

In March, we took a booking from a gentlemen with no reviews and no picture, we didnt want to discriminate against him so we decided to take the booking. Before arriving, he made various bizzare phone calls asking generally strange questions.

On arriving at the property, we discovered that he was not alone - he had brought a woman along with him. He stunk of alcohol and chip fat and was instantly rude on entering the property. Although he had only rented a private bedroom, he expected me to not be in the property - he told me that I could be dangerous and make sexual advances toward his female guest.

At this point, I asked him to leave the property - he called me "a little **bleep**", punched me in the face, shoved me against the wall and I had to physically remove him from the property. 

After Airbnb completed their investigation, they have decided to ban me from the website. Ridiculous.

Thanks,

C

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Charles321. Huge thanks for sharing it. Airbnb has no authority to have investigated physical violence - you should have called the police immediately.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi Marzena - Thanks for your reply. I did contact the police and even sent a copy of the report to AirBNB. I am disgusted by the way I have been treated.