Blocking/Unblocking Dates

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

Blocking/Unblocking Dates

I wasted many, many hours trying to unblock dates I had blocked myself on my calendar. I would unblock them, notify the guest who wanted to book those dates, she would try and find them blocked again.

Today I finally fixed the problem, but before you try my suggestion you should PRINT OUT YOUR CALENDAR or write down the dates you want to keep blocked. I did not do this and now I cannot remember what dates I had blocked or why I blocked them because they were ALL ERASED.

The most important thing I discovered is that the AIRBNB WEBSITE AND THE AIRBNB APP ARE NOT THE SAME, and apparently they don't even like each other all that much. Other people have noted this problem and perhaps eventually it may be fixed.

Apparently the reason why my calendar was doing things I didn't want done was because it was SYNCED WITH SOME UNKNOWN CALENDAR. I don't know how this happened nor do I know what calendar was interfering with me, but I got rid of it by doing the following:

1. Log into the AIRBNB DESKTOP WEBSITE. (NOT THE APP.)

2. Go to "Hosting"

3. Choose your listing. (I have only one, but if you have more that one you might have to do them one at a time.)

4. Go to "Pricing and Availability"

5. Go to "Calendar Synch"

6. Here you will see options for "Import" and "Export" and, if you have another calendar somewhere that is messing with you, you will see a faint trashcan icon.

7. Click this and all your manually blocked dates magically disappear immediately. (Reservations made through Airbnb remain.)

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS! If you have synced with VRBO or some of the other players you might lose all those listings too but I suppose you could re-sync after you got rid of the blocks you installed yourself.  I don't know because I gave up on all of them because their websites were so horrible I couldn't get my property listed with them after a couple of days of tearing my hair out.

If you have linked your Airbnb listings in order to combine all of them onto one calendar, you may have a problem with a booking causing all your properties to be blocked for those dates. If that is your issue, follow the steps above but go to "Linked Airbnb Calendars" and unlink them.

Other people have complained of intermittent problems unblocking dates and apparently there have been website malfunctions from time to time. If the mobile app isn't working, try the desktop.

Others have just stopped blocking dates manually and instead have raised the prices for those dates to something so absurd that no one wants to pay it. I think I'm going to try that option myself, although I wonder if it may discourage potential guests who might otherwise book at another time.

0 Replies 0