Brian, how about a fresh start?

Andrew1928
Level 5
Te Anau, New Zealand

Brian, how about a fresh start?

Scrap all of these initiatives which provide very little support to very few hosts! Pay ALL hosts an equal % of the revenue they have lost due to Covid 19, regardless of their cancellation policies! Keep it simple, keep it clear and keep it FAIR!

2 Replies 2

@Andrew1928 I'm not sure I'm following your reasoning here. You feel that if a guest is refunded under the cancellation terms set by the host, Airbnb should still pay the host out of pocket for a booking that isn't being fulfilled?

This sounds like a charitable thing to do, but last time I checked Airbnb was a profit-driven company and not a charity.

Under normal circumstances, I would tend to agree with you. However, these are far from normal circumstances!

Many hosts have seen all of their bookings and income suddenly disappear due to this pandemic. 

The objective of these initiatives is to provide support for hosts. I do not believe they provide enough support for enough hosts.

By the way, I have a strict cancellation policy so will be 1 of the few hosts that will actually receive something. However, I think all hosts have been impacted by this through no fault of their own so all hosts should be supported through it.