Cancellation

Sanjay89
Level 2
South Yarra, Australia

Cancellation

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what the go is about a guest cancelling on the day of the booking is as there's not much information about cancelation policies on Airbnb. I have a moderate cancelation policy and I had a guest who booked my place the same day of check in. He then cancels an hour later because he misread the advertisement and thought the whole apartment was available to stay but it's only a private room. This is clearly listed on my Airbnb ad. When he cancelled, he didn't get any refund via Airbnb and has now sent me a private request demanding for all of his money back. What should I do in this situation?

I have a moderate cancelation policy and he is in the wrong for not reading the advertisement properly. Would it be fair if I just refund him the cleaning fee or don't refund anything?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/475/cancellation-policies-for-your-listing

@Sanjay89 Personally, I would refund in this case, given the time frame of booking to cancelling. Be aware this person is likely able to leave you a review. Did you know you can adjust your settings to not allow last minute bookings? They tend to be more problematic. At least 2 days notice is ideal.