Concerned about a host not being truthful

Concerned about a host not being truthful

Can anyone explain "Staying with Leo"

10 Replies 10

@Leigh414  Can you?

No and I am concerned about someone scamming guest. https://staywithleo.com/atlanta-001/

That's not an Airbnb URL, @Leigh414 . 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Leigh414 . Where does it say "staying with Leo"? Was that on the listing or in a message to you? 

Regarding truthfulness, are you worried that Leo won't be around, or that he will be around? Are you booking an entire place or just a room in someone's house? If you don't mind being clearer, you will get more help with this. 🙂

Thanks for your reply, above, @Leigh414 . That address has nothing to do with Airbnb. If you want to stay at an Airbnb, book something through the Airbnb platform. The extension, if you are in the US, will be airbnb.com.

@Leigh414  The website says "all properties can be booked via Airbnb," but the link it provides is inactive. That might mean that the host account has been deactivated, but there's no way to be sure.

Have you actually booked with this host through an Airbnb listing?

Sorry posted wrong link and yes I have stayed at the location.                                   https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/45029331?s=67&unique_share_id=dfd6725b-8e9f-4813-813e-69fdbe354222

And yes I have tried to contact the "superhost" however he is totally ignoring me.

The owners have a book out on their coffee table with information about your stay. In the book is a picture of a small boy with obvious medical issues. They claim that they donate money to help children who have medical issues. However I got a really really bad feeling when they contacted me after I checked out and wanted me to donate more. So I asked for them to e-mail me more information and also contact information about the "Staying with Leo". Now they won't return any messages or calls. I could be wrong and I hope I am but something feels off.

@Leigh414  The listing makes no mention of charity donations, so his status as an Airbnb host doesn't appear to be implicated here. I agree that it's inappropriate to pressure a guest for a donation, regardless of whether the cause is genuine. It would only be against the rules if there was some form of extortion involved, like the threat of a bad review or an illegitimate damage claim.

If your stay is complete, there shouldn't be any reason for further correspondence with the host - and he is not required to return your messages. If your checkout was less than 14 days ago, you can (and should) write a review that conveys your apprehensions. Other than that, I don't see a need for any further action on your part.