Cover Photo Suggestions? Room or Location?

Chris-And-Monica0
Level 3
Minneapolis, MN

Cover Photo Suggestions? Room or Location?

Hello, my listings are in downtown Minneapolis which is probably the main reason people book my apartments. However, the rooms are nice also. For a cover photo, would it be best to show a pic of the room or a pic of the location downtown?I have attached a couple of examples of what I mean. Thanks for your help. 

east town flats logo.jpgB31A2556 copy.jpg

17 Replies 17
Ami19
Level 2
Silver City, NM

I have a similar question. I only have two suites, in a large historic house in New Mexico, which is rather unique for our area. Should the cover shot be the huge (impressive) historic home, or a pic of the bedroom (or living room)?  Or, I’ve seen people do a split screen (which I’m not sure I like, but it shows both, at first glance)...

@Ami19 I think either could be nice. Sometimes a striking pic of the outside of the house can help you stand out if all the competition has interior shots as their main pic.

I think that overall, I would cut down the number of pics in your listing and go for quality over quantity. I felt flipping throught that they were repetitive and could have been better quality: an example is the two pics of the stairs in a row.  Maybe borrow a camera or get a friend to take some shots (or even hire a real estate photog, if that's in the budget). Remember that Airbnb's formatting prefers landscape photos.  Your space is beautiful and I think some nicer pics could make it look even better. 

Thank you for your input!  I appreciate it.