Calendar View

Answered!
Dan755
Level 1
Boise, ID

Calendar View

I looked at my calendar and noticed it is a long scroll bar by day and not a monthly / weekly view - did this change or is their a way to revert this as it is not user friendly at all.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Dan755 

You probably looked at the multicalender (option "calender" from main menu) .

The normal calender can be choosen from the listing by clicking on button "calender" , when managing the listing.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10

@Dan755 

You probably looked at the multicalender (option "calender" from main menu) .

The normal calender can be choosen from the listing by clicking on button "calender" , when managing the listing.

Thanks!  That is the trick:)

Jackie412
Level 1
Cherry Hill, NJ

Hi there.  Is there a way to get the full monthly calendar when I click on "calendar" from the main menu or do I need to always go to the listing first and then calendar?

@jackie412You always have to go to the Listing first. They've prioritized hosts with multiple listings, apparently. Very frustrating.

Donna51
Level 7
Seattle, WA

Dear @Airbnb,

Adding an extra step or two (or three?) to get to the calendar in Hosting View is NOT user-friendly. Please tell your UI developers that it would be better to have a choice AFTER clicking on the upper-navigation Calendar button to view a single listing calendar or multiple calendars. I don't know how many hosts you have with multiple listings, but designing the UI to 'prefer' them over single-listing hosts is not a good retention tool. This isn't just having to learn a new UI step - this is decreasing efficiency and ease of use for hosts. Thank you.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Donna51 

If you bookmark the link to the individual calender of a listing, you can go there in 1 step after login.

why did they do this? Not user friendly at all.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Kim2476 

It is very user friendly for hosts with more then 1 listing.

The menu "calender" shows the multi-calender, while the option (icon) "calender", when managing an individual listing, shows the listings monthly calender (please note a host can bookmark the URL to this calender for direct access)

If you have 1 listing and do not use (deactivate)  "professional tools", then the individual calender shows up by default

BTW

I have bookmarked most used pages on the platform and hardly never use the menu's

Created my own interface !.

Great idea, but you shouldn’t have to. 🙂