Cover Photo Suggestions? Room or Location?

Chris-And-Monica0
Level 3
Minneapolis, MN

Cover Photo Suggestions? Room or Location?

Hello, my listings are in downtown Minneapolis which is probably the main reason people book my apartments. However, the rooms are nice also. For a cover photo, would it be best to show a pic of the room or a pic of the location downtown?I have attached a couple of examples of what I mean. Thanks for your help. 

east town flats logo.jpgB31A2556 copy.jpg

17 Replies 17
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Personally my vote is for the room... and hopefully whatever photos you actually use will be much higher resolution than the exterior photo here.

Thanks Lisa,  As a superhost, how do you make your listing stand out above the others?

@Chris-And-Monica0 I have three listings... all of which are unique in their market so I might not have a lot of insight to offer you, but my reply would be (1) do everything possible to keep your ratings up even when it means sacrificing $$ when things go sideways, (2) have impeccable and high-quality photos, (3) use a pricing tool such as usewheelhouse.com to get your pricing right.  (And no, I'm not on their payroll, just really happy with them.)

Oh and never, ever cancel or decline a reservation.

Awesome. Thank you for your coments.

If you happen to get board here is the link to my listings. Any coments would be appreciated. 

https://www.airbnb.com/users/57655643/listings

BTW your photos are amazing!!! It is like a fantasy home. 

@Chris-And-Monica0 ha, I see you have 11 listings with 690 reviews-- you don't need advice from me.  🙂

That is not true. I need more help now than ever. I really enjoy being a host and have been slowly converting my units from long term to short term rentals. I hope to get to 20 listings in the next two years. Always trying to improve and learn from others. Thanks for your input. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Chris-And-Monica0 

The photo of the room is most suitable for the listing.

I noticed you allready put the "location downtown" as the coverphoto on your homepage:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/57655643/listings , so no need to repeat it in the listing as the coverphoto (as you did allready for 1 listing)

Best regards,

Emiel

Thanks Emiel,  As a superhost, how do you make your listing stand out above the others?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chris-And-Monica0  My vote is for the room.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The room. I can find a million pics of downtown Minneapolis on the web. 

Thanks Gordon,  As a superhost, how do you make your listing stand out above the others?

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

The room. As a guest, I always want to know what the room looks like, @Chris-And-Monica0 . No one is answering your "As a superhost..." question, by the way, because you haven't tagged them with the @ symbol. They don't know you have followed up with a question. 

How I made my listing stand out was to put it in a tree, but I know that's not the sort of answer you are looking for 😉

Your listings are quite beautiful. Are they all in the one building?

Thanks Lawrene. I want to stay in your treehouse. That is awesome!!!!!

All my listings are on the same row of historic apartments/row houses. Thanks for the kudos!