Covid cancellation question?

Monique704
Level 2
Cornwall, NY

Covid cancellation question?

Hi all- I had a guest cancel a July reservation due to covid travel fears. I told her even though my policy is not to usually refund 100% at this late date, that due to extenuating circumstances, I would do that. She opened a resolution action to request her $3000 outstanding balance refund. I was just about to click "accept" to give her $3000, when I noticed that the page said doing so meant that AirBnB would withhold $3000 from MY NEXT PAYOUT? I was under the impression that AirBnB was just holding her money until the time of travel and would just give it back to her. I am a bit concerned as it reads as if I will not only lose the booking, but also $3000 additional out of pocket. And of course, I can't find anyone to actually talk with live at AirBnB 😞

I would really appreciate anyone who can help clarify or give me insight on how this would work?

Thanks in advance! Monique

1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Monique704she should not be asking for a refund via the resolution center-- is that what you mean by "opened a resolution action"? What should happen here is she should cancel, then the message informing you of the cancellation should offer you the option of refunding her completely. When I have done it this way, I have never had the refund deducted from other payouts. However, some hosts have reported that they have seen that happen. So the safest thing to do is to tell her that you will send her the money after you receive it, post check-in date.