Cinderford, United Kingdom

Deleting a listing

How do I delete my listing?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kirsten23 , I wanted to share these 2 articles that can help with the steps or an overview : 

👉Deactivating or deleting your account

👉 Snooze, unlist, or deactivate your listing 

In case you still need any help with this one, please feel free to reach out to Airbnb Customer Support.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

47 Replies 47
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Oriole0

Go to your calendar/edit page and the last item bottom left of screen will be this item which will say 'Listed'

!Calendar and listed.png

Click on this tab and you will have three options....Listed, snoozed, unlisted. 

Clicking the unlisted tab will remove your property from search pages, but your account will remain intact and you can at some future date reactivate your listing.

If you wish to permanently remove your listing from Airbnb go to your profile picture in the top right corner, click and go to account settings. Scroll down to 'settings' and click on 'remove account' ! You can only perform this function if you have no future bookings to honour! Any future reservations have to be relocated or cancelled before you can close your account!

Hope this helps....cheers.....Rob

[Update] 

To permanently deactivate your listing:

1. Go to Your listings on airbnb.com and select the listing
  2. Click the three dots menu  on the far right for the listing you want to update
  3. Click Edit
  4. On the listing page, scroll down to Listing status and click Edit
  5. On the Listing status page, click on Change Status and choose Deactivate from the dropdown menu
  6. Follow the instructions to deactivate your listing

You won't be able to permanently deactivate your listing if you have any upcoming reservations or reservation requests. Past reviews of your listing will remain on your public profile – they cannot be removed.

This sounds good Rob, but what if I want to stay a member of airbnb to make bookings as a guest? I wouldn't close my listing(s...one is incomplete but was never deleted), but we've moved and I'm afraid the tax people will want to know why I'm still listed.

thank you!

Sisam

@Susan-And-Dov0

Hi, as I said in my previous post click the de-listed option in that status box. Your account will stay active but your property will not show up in search pages. If you have any fear of taxation enquiries just direct them to your profile which will show your property as de-listed and not show any hosting entries or message stream. They can't argue with that!

Cheers.....Rob

thankyou so much, have been trying for a bit. its on snooze thanks to your help. :). bonnie

Sarah642
Level 1
Vermont, United States

Help! I cannot find the page that is being referenced. When I go to my calendar, there is no left-hand settings bar. What exactly are you clicking on to get to that page?

Floss1
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I am having the same problem. No left hand mennu when viewing the calendar. This is crazy that it is so difficult to delist. We sold our house and the new owners are desparate for me to get rid of it on airbnb but i can't! Help!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Floss1 @Sarah642

Sorry for the delay in answering you, being here on this side of the world....while you play, we sleep!!

Hi girls.....How are you trying to access your editing functions, by phone app or by computer?

If you are trying to access via computer your editing functions should automatically display to the left of your calendar!

If they don't go to your calendar via your 'Manage Listings' tab and click on 'Calendar and More'......

Manage listing Edit page.png

If the editing functions, or the 'Availability/ Pricing settings do not display you will need to contact Airbnb and have them fix this issue. There are a few issues associated with this page at the moment because Airbnb are in the process of trialling a new format for this page and this may effect what your page is showing.....

I can't give you any advice as far as the phone app is concerned, I am not as yet using it, but I do know it is a 'cut-down' version of what you computer program will show and editing settings may be displayed differently through the app!

@Sarah642, In the US you will need to contact help through the following numbers....

+1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)

@Floss1, and you Floss will need to contact ABB in the UK on......

+44 203 318 1111 or locally 02033181111

I hope this can be of help to girls in soring this out.

Cheers.....Rob

@Floss1, on the phone app: tap on booking settings on the top, scroll down all the way to management, then status: as the last option there you'll find "permanently deactivate listing". good luck!

Wow I am the same, I am normally a patient person but this is driving me absolutely crazy how hard is it to delist a property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely hate Airbnb's website. It is completely tiresome and labor intensive. I want to delete mistake listings BUT I do not want to delete my account. There is no answer anywhere. I have three listings that I want to keep and 3 that are mistakes. 

I do not want to delete my account or 3 of the listings. I DO want to delete - NOT UNLIST BUT ABSOLUTELY DELETE THE LISTING - from my account. THIS SHOULD BE POSSIBLE EXCEPT THAT AIRBNB makes everything so **bleep** difficult. 

Permenantly deleting a listing NOT an account !!! Airbnb ......are you reading this message thread ?

This should be easy to do not complicated or frustrating!

Linda15
Level 3
Santa Cruz, Nicaragua

Finally reached airbnb customer support and clarified "delete" a listing ....not snooze, not deactivate and not remove my account !

Pasted below is the airbnb customer support response for all of the airbnb community to read !

"I really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that you want to delete your incomplete and inactive listings permanently and you want to do it on your own. However, I want to inform you that you can only snooze, activate and deactivate your listing. If you want to delete your listing permanently then in this case only an Airbnb representative can do this."

Airbnb can improve this situation by giving all hosts the information = easy and friendly .....less frustration !

Not very convenient having to contact airbnb to cancel a listing, it would be soooo much easier to add an option to their site....well they get most other things right!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Carlo214 

If you go back to my original post on this thread in 2017 you will see why a listing must be cancelled by Airbnb. You can deactivate a listing if you have no future reservations, but if you have upcoming bookings you have to either honour them or have Airbnb relocate them before the listing can be de-activated.

Cheers.......Rob