Cinderford, United Kingdom

Deleting a listing

How do I delete my listing?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kirsten23 , I wanted to share these 2 articles that can help with the steps or an overview : 

👉Deactivating or deleting your account

👉 Snooze, unlist, or deactivate your listing 

In case you still need any help with this one, please feel free to reach out to Airbnb Customer Support.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

47 Replies 47

This doesn't work. I don't get the options you detail unfortunately.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Oriole0,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I am sad to hear you are deleting your account, I hope you will be able to continue hosting in the future. Did @Robin4's great overview help you?

Best of luck with everything. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Linda15
Level 3
Santa Cruz, Nicaragua

Lizzie = did you read the message prior to responding ?Please ....as your title says you are an Online community manager ...?

Judith134
Level 1
Dusseldorf, Germany

These beautiful options on the left side do not come up in my case.

I only see the calendar. 

Does anybody have an idea how to get there?

I really would like to delete my listing...

Good Day,

Is there any email address that gets me directly to Airbnb and NOT the community.

I want my listing completely removed.  I have not had any booking with Airbnb but have had plenty with Booking.com  would like them themselves to explain why this is and NOT the community second guessing what the problem could be.  I now want OUT.

I find the airbnb site not very user friendly and no one to contact directly by either email or phone.

Unhappy Host

Kathy (The White House, Gordons Bay Western Cape South Africa)

@Victor46 Kathy

will you at least tell us if you tried to delist/cancel by following the extremely clear and useful instructions earlier in this thread/post as set out by @Annette33 and @Robin?

And if you have time to type in a message to the community forum you don't want any answers from- why not spend a minute typing in 'how to contact Airbnb' into the search box - and as if by magic the answers will appear!

Thank you Rachel for your very helpful answer.  Reading through other messages seems I am not the only Idiot that cannot find the place to delist my property.   My first paragraph did ask for direct access to airbnb, but as I do not have such I am forced to use the community forum which as I said I would prefer not to use.  I would not be asking if I found how to delist.  And it would also be nice if I was in direct contact with Airbnb for them to ask me why I want to delist and would be be great if they tried to resolve the reason I am not getting bookings.   When you are an unhappy customer it is the norm for that company to try to keep you as a customer.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rachael26

Rachael, you can show someone an ocean.....that doesn't mean they will see water!

@Victor46 the way to remove your listing was shown at the start of this thread.

If you also want to close your account with Airbnb click on your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen and from the drop down box that will appear click 'Account Settings'. From the menu that will appear on the left of your screen click 'Settings' and a red box will appear that will say 'Cancel my account'. You can only perform this function if you have no future reservations.

Victor, if I can make an obsevation. I am sorry you feel that Airbnb have not lived up to your expectations but if you are satisfied with Booking.com...... great. My experience has been the other way around I have dealt with Booking.com and Trip Advisor and the service and hosting potential here on Airbnb has been vastly superior to either of the other platforms.

But, I guess that's what makes this a great world, we are all different and we all have something of value to being to the table!

I wish you luck for the future wherever your hosting takes you....and if you still want to contact Airbnb, try one of these numbers!

United States and Canada +1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina +54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia +61 2 8520 3333
Austria +43 72 08 83 800
Brazil +55 21 3958-5800
Chile +56229380777
China +86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark +45 89 88 20 00
France +33 1 84 88 40 00
Germany +49 30 30 80 83 80
Greece +30 211 1989888
Hong Kong
+852 5808 8888

India
000 800 4405 103 (toll-free)

Ireland +353 1 697 1831
Israel +972 3 939 9977
Italy +39-06-99366533
Japan +81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico +52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands +31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand +64 4 4880 888
Norway +47 21 61 16 88
Peru +51 1 7089777
Poland +48 22 30 72 000
Portugal +351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico +1 787 919-0880
Russia +74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea +82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain +34 91 123 45 67
Sweden +46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland +41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111

Cheers.....Rob

Hi Rob,  

Thank you for your helpful information.  I will certainly try that.  Pity there is no number for South Africa.  Appreciate your help.  

Kathy

Emma238
Level 1
Fairlight, Australia

my calendar does not have a column at the side with listed on it - how do i delete a listing please

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emma238,

Emma the page layout has changed recently! Log on, go to 'Host' > 'Manage Listings' > 'Manage Listing'....this will take you to your listing editing page. the first item under 'Listing details' will be your listing status.

You have three options Listed, Snoozed, Un-Listed. You will also have the option.....'De-active Listing'. Emma you can de-activte your listing but you will still be responsible for future reservations.

The only way you can remove yourself from Airbnb totally at this point will be to go to 'Host' > 'Account' > 'Settings' and click 'Cancel My Account' !

If you do this Emma your outstanding trips if your a guest or bookings if you are a host will be automatically cancelled!

Hope this helps.....Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4, how come we can't delete a listing and keep our account? This should be possible? I tried every single indication and none of them is available....

If this isn't a policy from airbnb... I don't know what it is....

Yes, this makes no sense whatsoever. I have a number of active propertes, but sold a property almost a year ago. I'm sure we all know how cluttered things can be especially during our respective busy seasons. Why are we forced to have an old property remain on calanders, and in our account in general when we no longer have anything to do with it. This does not make sense unless I am missing something. Our last reservation on this property was over a year ago, no future bookings , requests, anything, why can we not DELETE it?? Delist it is of no value, pausing can be in certain cases but delist, it should just  be labeled ' half-assed reasonless inability to delete'. Will this property still be in my account 20 years from now ?? When something that should be so obviously available to hosts is not and you have to dig and dig and do 20 searches to find almost no answers as to why it is not, there is something going on that they would rather not talk about, I am guessing, If there is a good reason for this not being available, and as many hosts that I have seen here are asking and coming up empty, why is there not a answer plain as day for us to see? If there s a valid reason, Im fine with that but I surely cannot find one, so muh so that Im spending time to write this. Anyone have any hard ansswers for this  Delete a property completely , period? Any insight is appreciated.

Cary9
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

HI All

Im new to Air BNB and accidentally started two profiles on my house. Now both showing. How do I delete a half started one please?

Cary.

Linda15
Level 3
Santa Cruz, Nicaragua

Exactly the same problem....seems to be a major tech snafu on airbnb site !