Dublin - Scam or Not

Answered!

Dublin - Scam or Not

Hello

i as looking at accommodation in Dublin for 8 guests in an apartment. The apartment is in a central location and had regular liaison with the host. When I checked the following day the listing had gone and when I contacted the host they explained they were updating the calendar of availability. I wanted to reserve the accommodation and was sent the details of an airbnb holding account which is in Cambridge but they banked in Manchester. The name of the host has also changed but the photo has remained the same when the listing reappeared. How can I check if a listing is legitimate or not?

1 Best Answer
Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

Hi @Tom175,  it is a scam.  Many red flags.  A listing does not need to come down to adjust availability.  The name change is not normal.  Airbnb does not use holding companies.  The email is not an Airbnb email address.  Look elsewhere and good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

I want to further add that the payment information was sent by the email express@bookings-airbnb.com, is this a legitimate airbnb email?

Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

Hi @Tom175,  it is a scam.  Many red flags.  A listing does not need to come down to adjust availability.  The name change is not normal.  Airbnb does not use holding companies.  The email is not an Airbnb email address.  Look elsewhere and good luck.