Edit Location

Joni94
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Edit Location

Hello, my location is showing as Kelowna because of my postal code, but my actual location is in West Kelowna, which is specific to an area across the bridge from Kelowna. I attempted to change the location, but it says it cannot be edited once a booking has been confirmed. 
The location is correct on the map, but I’m just wondering if this should be corrected and how I can do that?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joni94 

Only Airbnb can edit the address (if necessary), if there are already reservations made.

But  I understand the location on the map is correct ? So if address is also OK, why change ?

Joni94
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

@Emiel1 

I think the location might be affecting how much occupancy tax my guest is paying

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joni94  You'd have to contact customer service to see if this can be changed. Airbnb is of course clueless as far as knowing that a place called West Kelowna isn't the same as Kelowna (my daughter lived in Kelowna for years, I know the area). And they tend to lump neighboring areas into the same search, even if they are far apart and not at all the same sort of area. 

For instance, when doing a search for my little beach town, all these places in Puerto Vallarta come up. P.V. is an hour's drive away, is a city as opposed to a small village, and if someone were looking to come to Sayulita, they wouldn't be interested in a listing in P.V. or vice versa.

What you could do is change your listing title a bit, so it's evident where you are located. You could change "Welcome to your cozy...."  to "West Kelowna cozy...".

Joni94
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Thank you! I did add west Kelowna to the description 😁

Joni94
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

@Sarah977 

Hi Sarah I really appreciate your help on the few recent issues I’ve had here!

How do I contact customer service?? it seems challenging to actually get in contact with them!! I’m also having a concern with a recent change regarding occupancy taxes etc. because it seems mine are higher than others in West Kelowna so I feel like I might be getting taxed higher because the location is saying Kelowna...

These must be recent changes and I have questions about my nightly posted price which is high and confusing!

@Joni94  There is a large pinned post on the first page of this Help forum, "Contact Airbnb".

I have also been able to talk to a Canadian customer service agent by calling 647 945 9627. I was surprised it didn't just get shunted to their Phillipines call center, but the agent I spoke to said she was in Manitoba. 

That was awhile ago, so YMMV.

Joni94
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Great thanks!!