Edit address

Edit address

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with address at one of my listings, that I could not solve.

When I put all the listings in my profile I accidentally put wrong address to one of them, but now, when I want to change it, I can´t, because it is saying: Listings can´t move location. Create a new listing for a different address.

Obviously I already got some reviews at this old one and I dont want to delete it, so do you know some other help, how to make it right?

Thanks a lot 🙂

31 Replies 31

That's pretty dumb that you can't edit it after your first reservation was made! I don't use twitter, but luckily using  the contact team link I was able to send an email. Hopefully they can change it for me!

Hi Neil,

I have the same problem - can`t edit my address. Did you manage finally to solve the problem?

I'm also having trouble with the address lising. The whole house number is missing. I have to send the address with each booking

Hi Neil and Kirstie.

I have the same problem that NEIL has. The system will not let me edit any of the address fields.

Thanks
Rodney

Jon16
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

The other hosts are right - one of my 15 listings is listed by you as 6 Mt Pleasant Road it is 6/59 Mt Pleasant road - but I can not change it - I can not contact anyone to make a change - I was told by another host I could change it if I load the app - ha that was one of the most frustrating things - load app - it is me - no listings - no messages - on dumb page 20 messages and 15 listings - so app is is crapp - regardless there must be a way of showing the correct address ??. How about actually doing something?? Resolution - my arsenal ..... ( ha ha) 

Hi Kristie,

I have the same problem - i can`t edit my listing`s address. As I can see this problem is still not solved. Do you have any answers from the web site? Can they change this rule and give us the possibility to edit our address?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Neil-and-Hilary0 and @Marina182,

I understand your frustration with not being able to edit your address yourself but unfortunately once you have had your first reservation the editing feature is no longer available. This is to avoid dishonest hosts using the 'bait and switch' technique. The only way you can edit your address after the first reservation is by contacting the Airbnb support team (see my previous post for information on how to do this). They will happily make this change for you!

Kirstie

Lisa335
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi Kirstie

I have no idea what this 'bait and switch' is that you're talking about....and probably like the other hosts asking this question, who are honest and a mistake is on the listing, we simply need to edit our address, so that it's correct....please advise how to do this without twitter.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lisa335,

What I mean by the 'bait and switch' technique is when dishonest hosts lure people in with a great location and then change it once they've already paid. Obviously these hosts are in the minority but I believe this is the reason hosts cannot edit their addresses themselves. 

This Contact Airbnb Community Help Guide explains how you can contact the support team (including phone numbers).

I hope you can get it sorted soon!

Kirstie

Cate12
Level 2
New Smyrna Beach, FL

Kristie--i figured it out and did it from the APP on my phone. Boy, that was stressful! 

Elliot15
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi,

We can't find the edit address button on the Guest Resources page - please can you advise how we change the postcode.

Thanks,

Elliot

Cate12
Level 2
New Smyrna Beach, FL

i need to change the unit number---it is a simple typo but I cannot figure out how to change it. I already HAVE a unit #513 and this is causing a lot of problems!

We are just going thru the same experience, we did not realized the address was incomplete until our first guess asked about it after making the reservation, so a bit frustrated you cannot edit it yourself but at the same time, people must to been abusing the system, hence Airbnb removed the option. Nevertheless, it is a pain in the a$$. There is got to be an easy way.

Sent email to Airbnb support, now seat and wait...

Hello Kirstie,

I followed the instrctions you gave us but it is no possible. It let you enter to edit mode but when you try to type it blocked you displaying a message saying that I need to create a new listing !!

So the Edit mode doesn't work !! Edtion capability is necessary for the Host, specially to fix errors that are confusing the listing offers or guests.

If the option is there, is becuase is was planned that way by Airbnb, so it is an application bug maybe. How can you help us on this?

Thanks,

Luis

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Luis172,

Thanks for letting me know. I understand that you want to be able to edit your address yourself, but you will need to contact Airbnb so that they can do it for you. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to get in touch with them.

I hope you can get this resolved!

Kirstie