Email address copied to clipboard

Sarah3595
Level 3
Bideford, United Kingdom

Email address copied to clipboard

Can anyone help I’ve tried to copy and paste the email address from a confirmed guest to send them an email as normal but now it is coming up with 

the email has been copied to your clipboard. 
Where do I find the clipboard or how do I get there email address copied to send them a confirmation and Registration registration form. 

S McGeough
6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah3595 

The email address is not available anymore for use

It was announced recently that this option to communicate would be discarded.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sarah3595 @Emiel1  You ca still use that coded email address, but you have to go to a special page where you "attest" that you'll only use it to send the guest certain information. I don't have the link to that page, but maybe do a a search, or I'll look for it later. 

And Sarah, I've often just copied out the email address by hand (yes, I know it's long) and then written it in the "To" field of my email. (I just send them emails from my own email address). Or simply ask the guest for their real email address. No guest has ever balked at giving that to me, as I also give them mine and they know it's for the purpose of sending them a map.

Also you can now apparently add attachments to Airbnb messages.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Sarah3595, when something is copied to your clipboard, you can just right click on the spot you want it to be and paste it there. 

You don't have to find the clipboard. You just copy the address, create a new email, and paste it in the TO bar. The last thing copied to the clipboard is always what shows up when you paste.

Try to see if that works for you. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emiel1 @Sarah977  Here's the announcement about the email address, https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/an-update-for-hosts-who-use-the-guest-email-feature...

There's a link within the article that will bring you to the attestation form in your account.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Ann72 

Thanks, good to know !

Emiel1
Level 10