Error when logging in

Error when logging in

Hi! I've been trying to login to my Airbnb app on Android but it won't let me. The "recaptcha" pops up when I press login but disappears after just a second. 

- I've reinstalled the app

- Updated the phone to the latest version

- restarted the phone

- Uninstalled the app & reinstalled

- removed all data/cache

- Tried on 3 different (Android) phones

Where the problem is the same.

Any ideas why?

20 Replies 20
Mike1252
Level 1
Milton, Canada

Same issue for me: captcha pop up comes up, and a second later disappears and I'm back at the login screen. Tried reinstalling, clearing data/cache.

Android 9

Pixel XL

Worked for me thanks!

Kune0
Level 2
Florence, Italy

I have this completely the same problem on my android(Sony xperia xz3), any solution?

Michael2413
Level 3
North Andover, MA

Have the same problem as others do.  I called it into Aribnb with no resolution they say they know about it and it looks like they have a new update to the app from just yesterday (and the one before that was 8/9/19)...so it looks like they're working on it...it's just they don't know how to fix it.  

Did you happen to change your password before you got the problem?  That's when my problem started and at least a couple of others have the same problem from the reviews on the app on playstore.  Based on that I'm thinking it has something to do with the database that stores our passwords.

I would call airbnb AND definitely  send an email through playstore telling them you're having the issue. (shows up as m.feedback.android@airbnb.com...but still want to use playstore to do it).  Also leave a 1 star review.  I'm thinking the more we let them know about the problem hopefully it'll pressure them to fix it. 

Trenna0
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Same issue on my Huwawei... was working 2 weeks ago and then not at all. Stupid captcha issue.  Even dug out my old samsung that I haven't used for a year and same thing.  It says you have been logged out, please log back in and then the same thing happened there.  Uninstalled, cleared cache, tried rolling back to older version... ANY FIX YET?

Charlotte40
Level 5
Egmont Village, New Zealand

Hi - I have just had the same problem overnight and this morning.

I logged a ticket with the service desk and I don't know if they have resolved it or if I have stumbled across a possible solution so thought I would share in case it helps others.

I tried logging in and accidentally used my old password. 

I expected it to tell me that I had used the incorrect password, but it actually took me to the recaptcha screen. 

I did that and only then did it tell me I had used the incorrect credentials.

When I logged in using the right password, the app has opened.

Good luck everyone - I hope this helps!