First time AirBNBer leaves a mess - what kind of review should I leave?

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

First time AirBNBer leaves a mess - what kind of review should I leave?

I hosted a family of 3 yesterday. They were great at communicating with me, asking me if a late arrival would be OK, etc.

When they left this morning and I went into the apartment, I would have been hard pressed to believe that a comfortably well-off family had stayed and not a bunch of frat boys. Seriously, I've seen cleaner dorm rooms after a frat party.

Food dropped on the floor and left. Spilled drinks.
Just about every cup and glass I have was used and left... wherever.
Two half empty wine bottles; one without a cork left around.
Coffee spilled on the counter and on the table cloth
Food thrown in the sink, left on the counter
Trash cans overflowed and trash just left wherever. On the counter, on the floor.... I am convinced that they emptied the trash from their car and just left it in my house.
Food smears on the furniture
Wet towels left wherever instead of in the hamper I provide (and have a note posted in the bathroom asking this be done)

Basically, I feel like they treated my home like a dive motel. No respect or consideration for me or my belongings. I strongly suspect they have domestics following behind them at their own home as they drop trash or whatever, wherever they want.
I personally feel even a first time AirBNBer should not leave this kind of a mess and want to let the world know about their self-entitled attitude in my home. 

What kind of a review would you leave?

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Stephanie365I think I would give the traditional kiss of death: "Guests would be more suited to a hotel environmnent" with a thumbs down. Give a 3 max for cleanliness. Pretty much ensures that other hosts will think very carefully about hosting them again. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Big thumbs down

1's across the board

Better suited to a hotel.

David

@David126 @Stephanie I totally agree with David. Thumbs down. And write these people are much better suited to a hotel. Hosts will get the message. Give em 1-2s.... Sorry u had this experience....hope u will have great guest from here on. Best!

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

I gave them a 1* on cleaning, 3* on House Rules and 5* on communication, because they did communicate well prior to arrival.

I opened my review with saying they would be better suited staying at a chain motel with a professional cleaning staff.  

And while they did an excellent job communicating with me prior to arriving, I felt very disrespected after they departed as they left quite the mess for me to clean up, not unlike what one would find in a dive motel.  

And a thumbs down.

In my private message to them I told them I didn't appreciate being disrespected and that I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate having someone stay in their home and leaving the mess behind that they did.  

My first really negative review of a guest.