Winter Release Q&A session

Full refund from host

Answered!
Kathy633
Level 1
Rogers, AR

Full refund from host

Hi

I booked an apartment while searching for places that were pet friendly. I booked and saw in the rules to clean up after any pets so I didn't think anything of it. The host then messaged me saying that they don't accept pets. 

I asked the host for a full refund and they told me that I would have to cancel the reservation and get refunded that way, however, when I go that route, it only offers me $99 even though I paid a total of $287. I notified the host and they said that they couldn't cancel and couldn't give me a full refund.

Obviously, this is their problem as they stated that pets were allowed and now they are saying they are not so how do I go about getting my $287 back???

Top Answer
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kathy633   If the host has changed their pet policy since you booked, they have to honor whatever was in place when you booked, so if they previously allowed pets and now they don't, I would think they should honor your booking as it was made or they will have to cancel you.  

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Kathy633 the host needs to cancel and if she doesn't want to you need to contact Airbnb and have them handle the situation. 

Kathy633
Level 1
Rogers, AR

Thank you. That's what I was thinking. I've contacted Airbnb so hopefully this will get sorted out.

Thanks again

Mark1357
Level 4
Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, CA

Here is the # for Customer Service 1-855-424-7262 they will be able to help you! Good Luck!

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kathy633   If the host has changed their pet policy since you booked, they have to honor whatever was in place when you booked, so if they previously allowed pets and now they don't, I would think they should honor your booking as it was made or they will have to cancel you.