Guest in my house treating my house as her own

Guest in my house treating my house as her own

I’ve got a lady staying in my house 3 nights. She’s nice enough but I feel she is inconsiderate. I suppose I should have realised when she messaged me after midnight for later the same day. 

She has a massive car and parks it so we can’t get on the drive. She also didn’t mention on the first day of her stay she would  not be getting back until 2 am.

Yesterday evening she brought a friend back at 10 pm

and cooked them both a meal and then went upstairs to her room they were both there until midnight until I message her to say legally due to occupancy rules her friend couldn’t  stay over.She didn’t ask me if it was ok to bring a friend to my house. So far I haven’t said anything. Today she has left the bedroom window open and the kitchen window when the house was empty. 

She fetched her friend back again today - they were both in the bedroom when I got home and her friends car on my drive too.

Am I right to think this is disrespectful and would you mention this is your feedback or just suck it up?

15 Replies 15

I think you have probably hit the nail on the head. I definitely think she does think it’s ok. 

And your right I haven’t set those rules clearly out in stone. I think I assumed most of it was obvious.

xxxx  

But I take your point that it might be unfair to state this in the feedback and if I did it could be upsetting. 

I think it’s a good tip I might need to be more specific in the rules.

I haven’t needed too mostly as most people just seem to know or have a discussion with me first.