Guests during the apocalypse

Christianna1
Level 6
El Segundo, CA

Guests during the apocalypse

Is it just me or is everyone getting some real doozies during these end-of-days? My last three short-term guests have been hands-down some of the most trying I’ve ever had. Usually I’ll have one bad followed by a dozen good/great guests. But I’m now 3 for 3 of 1-star guests. Anybody out there getting the same treatment?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Which listing is the problem, @Christianna1?  I see you have a new listing that you are marketing to "quarantine with Covid 19".  The nightly rate is pretty low for the Los Angeles area so that might be the issue.  Low rates have often been associated with problematic guests.   Just a thought.

Actually the long-term guest is the only one who is NOT a problem. She’s an angel. It’s the short-term ones who are problems. This guy last night brought in homeless people all night and then stole everything not nailed down. My Roku and remote,  an embroidered washcloth, a guest journal and everyone one them showered and they did 10 loads of laundry. I was terrified to say anything in the middle of the night. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Christianna1 My guess would be anyone who is not staying home right now is in some kind of unusual circumstance and/or not a rule-following kind of person, by definition.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The problem is by taking guests who are choosing to flout all health advice against travelling (even if they say it's for 'quarantine') - means you are getting guests who are likely to have a disregard for rules and regulations generally including caring for your space.

Why not just offer your accommodation for local key workers - in this way you won't be encouraging travel which adds to the spread of the virus and helping out those in most urgent need of somewhere to stay. @Christianna1