Had to cancel now receiving threats from AirBnB

Dave126
Level 1
Poughkeepsie, NY

Had to cancel now receiving threats from AirBnB

I had to cancel on a guest becasue my heating unit brokedown and becasue he had an infant I was uncomfortable letting them stay until I was able to replace the heating system.  Recently I am seeing notifications from AirBnB that I might not be able to continue on the site because of the cancellation.  

How do I get in touch with someone from AirBnB to try and have this cancellation not count against me?  

Thanks all, Dave

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave126

They take host cancellation's seriously as it impacts on their reputation and the guest experience.

Have you read Airbnb's information on host cancellations on their Help Section?

They even tell you if you cancel you will be penalised, when you actually go to make a cancellation on a booking.

Their Help Section also tells you about how to cancel under it's extenuating circumstances - which a broken boiler could come under.

Unfortunately you have acted first, rather than following Airbnb's suggestions or giving them a call. You can call them and see if they will consider it under their extenuating circumstances (you will need evidence from someone like a heating engineer).

The 2nd post on the Community Help forum tells you all the ways of contacting Airbnb, or search on here, or use Google.

Thank you Helen!  I will give that a try! Hopefully the invoice will do the trick.  Not sure what other kind of evidence I could put together.  What would my motivation be to not collect revenue from someone that I have already approved to stay, other than some kind of serious issue.  Maybe I can get testimony from the guests who were there when the heating went down.