Has anyone else been shortchanged on their payouts from hosting a guest. I was shortchanged $128.

Has anyone else been shortchanged on their payouts from hosting a guest. I was shortchanged $128.

Airbnb took out for someone canceling when I was NEVER paid for that guest.  I have been trying for 8 days to get them to correct this and NO one will help me.

3 Replies 3
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Deborah755,

I've just spotted that you had this issue. Did you manage to get it resolved?

Thanks

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Deborah755,

I've read where other hosts have stated that when a host agrees to refund a canceled reservation, it is Airbnb's policy to deduct the amount from the host's account or upcoming payout, and then reimburse 24-48 hours after the original check-in date.

@Katie, would you please confirm if I stated the procedure correctly?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Debra300 

Apologies for the delay - I've been looking into this but as far as I am aware if the cancellation is agreed ahead of the check-in (with reasonable time), then the payment to the host won't be sent, and therefore no deduction will be made.

However, if the cancellation and refund is agreed during the stay or just before the check-in time and the host receives the payment then this could be claimed back from a future booking.

If the host never got the payment for the original booking and was then deducted the funds from another booking as well, then that shouldn't happen and it is best to contact our Community Support team to get them to look into the specifics.

For reference, if you scroll to the 'for Hosts' section of this article, it does detail the process for what happens when a guest cancels and requests a full refund. It does have a similar timeframe to the one you mentioned above, so I'm wondering if perhaps this is where there may be confusion. This article also details the guest-initiated cancellation from the host perspective.

To be honest, there are a lot of factors that could be at play here, so it depends on the individual circumstances for each cancellation really.

I hope this helps to clarify a little 😊