Host claims that I can see the place after booking

Answered!
İremnur0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Host claims that I can see the place after booking

Hello all! 

I am currently talking with a landlord. I am planning to rent her house for a long term.  Since she is not in the country, she informed me that we can make kinda reservation and make the payment to airbnb, after her confirming the payment and after 48h, an airbnb agent will show me the house if I dont like it they will give my money back, If i like it they will transfer the payment to her and give me the keys. 

Im a newbie and I am not sure if there is such a thing to let me see the house before actually renting it. I have already read the T&C but I cannot see anything like that.

So please inform me, is it possible somehow? Is it possible that an real estate agency is involved to this airbnb renting thing?

1 Best Answer
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia
7 Replies 7

@İremnur0

sounds very strange and I dont like it all, reading it.  I would NOT pay anything until you have seen the house and are satisfied with it. It is easy to pay...wait until you try and get your money back...different story...

Say you are interested and ask the owner what she has to pay the agent to let you in and look at it....the agent obviously charges the owner for doing the visit. If you dont like the apartment then maybe offer to pay that charge..pay the agent yourself..i dont know..consider it... If you do like it then the owner will pay that and also get a tenant.

You may find when you see the house there are things that need repairing or whatever.....

...i would be careful paying first before seeing it....

For more than 4 days, I m reading T&C, how airbnb works and try to understand the things she requested. I will not pay anything for sure. Thank you for your answer 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@İremnur0    THIS IS A SCAM! DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY! You will lose all your money. Please do a search on this site "Rental Scam". Airbnb does not work the way this scammer is telling you. Many people have lost their money from these thieves- don't be one of them.

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Oh it is exactly the same technique. Its good that I was searching instead of trusting. Thank you.

@İremnur0   Whatever the host says please note that in event of a dispute Airbnb rules state that:

Long Term Cancellation Policy : First month is not refundable

Also note hosts are never paid by Airbnb (Airbnb hold the payment if done through the site) until at least the day after the guest has moved in so there is no way the host could transfer any money to anyone else until after you actually moved in.

Never book off the AIrbnb site it is a scam. And there are many sites that masquerade as bona fide Airbnb sites. Always double check.

Click here for Airbnb Contact numbers

Thank you so much for your reply. I will also report this to Airbnb.