Hosting in Neptune, NJ

Answered!
Matthew1372
Level 1
West Orange, NJ

Hosting in Neptune, NJ

Hi!

Has anyone had experience hosting in Neptune, NJ?  The Township requires a certificate of inspection for Summer rental and the form requires address of anyone staying on property. Airbnb does not provide address of guests so I am wondering how anyone else has dealt with this issue?

1 Best Answer

Hi Matthew,

Did you ever end up renting out an Airbnb in Neptune, NJ?  I am currently going through the process of doing all the necessary forms with the township and I am having the same issue.  They have also requested that every time I have a new guest, I have to update the form on their site and pay a fee of $125 every single time.  This seems absolutely absurd and makes me wish I did not own property in Neptune!  

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Matthew,

Did you ever end up renting out an Airbnb in Neptune, NJ?  I am currently going through the process of doing all the necessary forms with the township and I am having the same issue.  They have also requested that every time I have a new guest, I have to update the form on their site and pay a fee of $125 every single time.  This seems absolutely absurd and makes me wish I did not own property in Neptune!  

Hi John

Here is what I can provide through my experience with Neptune Township:

you will need to apply and pay for a mercantile which requires a certificate of liability insurance. 
prior to summer rental you need a certificate of inspection which is around $150 but you only do that once then you pay for each time you rent the property which is $25 each time. For winter rental, you need to do the certificate of inspection before each guest so $150 every time you rent. We found that it’s sometimes not worth renting out in winter because of these fees. Neptune seems to be very willing to catch you out and fine you if you’re not complying even if the information isn’t readily available and it’s difficult to know what you can and can’t do. Hope that helps.