How do I find a good cleaner?

Answered!
Jakub101
Level 1
Seattle, WA

How do I find a good cleaner?

Hi

Any recommendations for finding a good cleaner in Seattle, WA who doesnt charge more than $100 for a clean and laundry service?

Thank you in advance. Any referrals, or even recs of TOOLS/marketplaces for cleaners, is very welcome!

Jakub

Jakub Kubicka
1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jakub101  "who doesnt charge more than $100 for a clean and laundry service? "

The amount a cleaner charges depends on the amount of time it takes to clean. It isn't some standard fee regardless of whether they are cleaning a 1 bedroom studio or a 4 bedroom house.

I see your listing is a 3 bedroom house that sleeps 6. $100 to clean and do all the laundry sounds cheap to me. You won't realistically find a "good" cleaner for less than that.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jakub101  "who doesnt charge more than $100 for a clean and laundry service? "

The amount a cleaner charges depends on the amount of time it takes to clean. It isn't some standard fee regardless of whether they are cleaning a 1 bedroom studio or a 4 bedroom house.

I see your listing is a 3 bedroom house that sleeps 6. $100 to clean and do all the laundry sounds cheap to me. You won't realistically find a "good" cleaner for less than that.

That's helpful for leveling our expectations, thank you @Sarah977 . Do you have any recommended apps or tools for finding a cleaner then? 

Jakub Kubicka

@Jakub101 seconding @Sarah977 we pay $200 to turn over our 3br/2ba house, and that's in Quilcene (Olympic Peninsula), which I presume is less expensive than Seattle. We pass this charge directly on to guests as our cleaning fee, with no complaints from them. It's very hard to find good cleaners who are willing to accommodate the irregularities of an STR schedule and sign up for Airbnb's cleaning protocol. My suggestion would be to join Airbnb host Facebook groups-- there's one for Washington and I'd guess there's at least one specifically for Seattle. Cleaners looking for gigs frequently post in these groups, and you can ask other hosts for referrals there as well. That's how we found our current cleaners.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/239162617349409/