How do I find housing in Hamburg "some time in March"?

Andreas246
Level 2
Geneseo, IL

How do I find housing in Hamburg "some time in March"?

I'm taking a small vacation in Hamburg for a week, but since it's just for vacation and I have no schedule to meet, it doesn't matter if I visit one week earlier or one week later than planned.

If I don't supply a date, AirBNB keeps showing results that seem great, but when I do click on them, there isn't a single booking available (EXHIBIT A, I gave up after I got to August 2019 with zero results. Why is this listing even showing up in the search results?)

If I do supply a date, AirBNB narrows down the results down too far to be useful. There might be houses that would have shown up if I left on a Thursday instead of Friday. Or maybe is completely free the next week.

Is there any way to "fuzzy search" to only show housing that has days available "some time between March 1 and March 31"? I would be happy even with AirBNB just hiding results that have no available rooms for the forseeable future.

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Your Exhibit A has a blocked-out calendar, I imagine they only host from time to time and this is not one of those times. Last guest in Jan 2018.

Not a single booking available? Very odd, I found some. Here is a budget version, assume you are looking for private room in low range:https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/4162704. Still has a few dates free but not many.

Maybe the basic level rooms get rented long term from time to time, and hosts block the calendars. There is a better way to do this than to block calendar, and that is to snooze the listing so nobody can see it (but you can reactivate anytime). Understand that it is frustrating to see blocked calendars. You can put the suggestion about a ''fuzzy search'' on Host Voice, it is the place for suggestions. Personally I love the idea. But it is up to the host to block calendars or snooze listings, so that is not the fault of Air!

Ah, yes. I meant "when I click on that listing, that listing doesn't have a single booking available". I don't know why AirBNB doesn't auto-snooze the home if it's not available.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I have made a Host Voice suggestion, https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Snoozing-vs-blocking-calendar/idi-p/625996#M13778

Give it a thumbs up if it is something you approve of.