I am a new host and can't seem to find a discussion on how to review "good" guests.

Lucille16
Level 2
Los Lunas, NM

I am a new host and can't seem to find a discussion on how to review "good" guests.

I have had 2 business guests. Is it enough to just say:

Curteous and pleasant guest with 5 stars and a thumbs up. I was able to see reviews for the first guest--good reviews, but from what I remember they went on a bit about what a great guest he was. I thought he was needier, in terms of wanting company, than I was to my liking and he stayed for a week. No way would this constitute a bad review and I just kept that to myself (didn't include in review).

I now need to leave a review for the second guest. I would like him to book again since I think he will be returning to the area for work. I hardly saw him, but he certainly gets 5 stars! So is it enough to say "pleasant and curteous guest" and leave it to the stars to indicate that everthing was left clean, etc.?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I find it gets difficult to come up with new things to say about each guest. If they did something pleasantly unexpected (some of my guests have washed my dirty dishes when doing theirs, for instance) I'll mention how nice that was of them. In the case of your second guest, who you would like to book with you again, in addition to the "pleasant and courteous guest", you could add " xxxx is welcome back anytime!"

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Lucille16How about 'Welcome anytime!' and leave it at that? I don't think it needs to be anything more than that.