Is the Fixed Rate per person per night or per room per night?

Bruce37
Level 1
Forfar, United Kingdom

Is the Fixed Rate per person per night or per room per night?

It's not clear to me whether the price I use (I'm not using Smart Price) should be per person per night or per room per night. Anyone know?

41 Replies 41

The answer is in this discussion thread so I am not sure how to help with your confusion, @Angelique33.  The nightly rate is per night per listing which can range from a single room to an entire place.  Depends on what you include in your listing.  The rate can be for a single person in the room per night or for more guests per night.  Also, you can show a rate for one guest and add an extra charge for additional guests.  Again, the rate given to guests is for the space not the person.  Hope this helps.  If not perhaps you can be more explicit about your confusion.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Bruce37   It appears that the efforts of the hosts to answer your question have not helped to clarify.  The short answer is "yes" to both.  You can charge based on space, a private room or an entire house and you can charge per person if you want to.  Please look at similar listings in your area and you will seen many examples of how to price.  Then it is up to you!

Well the question is answered but the feature is not what we all want.

We want to charge per bedroom instead of per person. I have had two people stay who are not in the same bed and require two bedrooms so AirBNB does not let me charge more. I have a 6 bedroom house, if I charge $per person, the price is too high if they only want three bedrooms for 6 people. It's is a simple fix for people that have multiple bedrooms for AirBNB to add a per bedroom charge. I will lock the other rooms that are not in use.

There should also be an al a cart add on option for things like airbeds, parking pass, events, bottle of champaign.

I have the same problem, cant price per room, I tried that and the price per room I put up people are looking for the 3 rooms at that price, when I replied stating that they reported me to A&B who stated that was the price I put  up would be gratful to know if you sorted it our 

Fidelma

@Fidelma2  I see you are just getting started on this platform.  Welcome.  If you want to have individual rooms available for unrelated guests, you must list each room separately.  You have three bedrooms, so create a listing for each one and synchronize the calendars.  You can also have a fourth listing for the entire place, if you wish.  

There are great explanations on this site for multiple listings and for calendar synching.  Please look for them.

Good luck!!

Hi Linda Many thnaks will look for them Fidelma

Can someone please direct me how to make contact with the finance department? My guests are being charged more than what I am getti g paid, less airbnb commission PLUS every time airbnb pays me out, short, they also deduct N$117 from my account.  I am basically giving rooms away for free due yo this. Please help, I feel like trying to find the man on the moon, because their is no customer support.

@Theoniel-En0  You will have to contact Air BNB customer service.  Here is a guide found on the Community Center.  Good luck!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Alen10
Level 1
Kranj, Slovenia

Hello!

I`m quite new to this, but I managed the same problem (my wife and I have a B&B villa with 6 renting rooms) by charging every guest above 2 with half of the basic price.

Since each of our room can host 2 people the basic price is set per room per night. If there is a party of lets say 8, they pay for three more rooms per night.

So if I`m correct (we have an account for only two weeks now and the season starts in spring - so we have some time to prepare ourselves) the pricing for 8 for 5 days would be:

34€ per room * 4 rooms (8 people) * 5 days = 680€ + Airbnb fee

But that aplies only for parties larger than 2. If there is a couple, they get the normal nighlty pricing per room.

What do you think?

@Alen10  As you have currently priced your space, a single couple could rent the entire place for a month (using the 40% discount) for about $24 USD per day or around $780 USD for 30 days.  Is that your intention?  You should snooze your listing as soon as possible until you get the pricing figured out or someone will use Instant Booking and book your place during the peak season for much less than you think.

You can look at listing each room separately along with a listing for the entire house.  For the entire house, you might have a minimum of six people at a rate that is competitive in your area for an entire house, for example $114 USD, then charge the per person rate of $19 USD over 6.  Additionally, you can have each separate room listed at $41 USD per night.  You would have to coordinate the calendar for the entire house with the individual room listing and block entire house if any single room is listed.

Work out the numbers but don't have a live listing until you are satisfied.  Check out your competition and it will help you make some determination.  Good luck with your new businss.

Daniel760
Level 1
La Chapelle-sur-Dun, France

I have a B&B with 6 rooms. Do I subscribe each room individually with photos and prices? When I tried the house with 6 rooms, it seemed like 1 rental, for 1 client. Where as on Booking.com it a house with  6 rooms to rent individually. 

@Daniel760  If you can, please read the whole discussion thread as I think it will be helpful for you.  In short, for this platform, you would list each room separately and then a whole house listing also.

Jennifer469
Level 1
Fort Worth, TX

I have a similar question and wonder if anyone can help. I have a huge house, with 3 rooms to rent out. I priced it at $35 or something a night but I was thinking per room. I have 4 adults wantint to stay now and the website says they owe me 35!!  How do I fix this issue?

thanks, Jennifer

@Jennifer469  If you have three bedrooms that you want to charge for each room, you need to have a separate lisiting for each room.  If you also are willing to rent the whole house, you would have a 4th listing.  You will need to coordinate your calenders for each listing so that if someone books the whole house no one can book a single room or if some one books a single room, no one can book the whole house.

Hi, u give clear answers. Can u please help me. I have a Guest House with four separate rooms, all en-suite. I listed them individually, but two have the option of being sold as single or double (two persons). I see on smart pricing that my room rate is, according to them way above the average in the vicinity but I have all the oppositions rates and mine are average or below. So my question is- is the double room rate per person or for a room and how to I fix it?