Let us remove 1 review a year!

Rebecca1162
Level 2
Cardston, Canada

Let us remove 1 review a year!

Who thinks Airbnb should automatically remove your lowest review every year? It makes a lot of sense to me. If you have one hundred 5 star reviews and one 2 star review, obviously the 100 people's opinion is probably more accurate than the one random guy who had something up his bum when he stayed with you! So then there would be no harm in removing the lowest review, so your ratings would still be good. 

4 Replies 4

@Rebecca1162 I'd be in favor of eliminating star ratings from stays with reported rule violations or damage claims. If it were up to me, star ratings wouldn't be used at all. But I don't feel that one guest's opinion should be censored just because it happens to be in the minority. That experience may not be the norm, but that doesn't mean it isn't valid. 

As a guest, I am totally willing to book an Airbnb with an unflattering review sitting amongst positive ones. I'm more impressed by a host's ability to respond gracefully to negative feedback than an unblemished record.

Cathy792
Level 2
Rochester, NY

I agree!!! It should be the same for guests as well. I found myself in a fire hazard hoarders house. Airbnb moved me and all is well. I did not give a review out of fear of reprisal from the host. The host put a review on me that was a bold face lie. I had no recourse because the window had expired. Now my perfect score has been ruined. I’ve used Airbnb since 2018 with no problem.  I called the San Francisco office but it actually routes to Asia??? 

@Cathy792  If I received a request from you, this host's review would not be a deal-breaker. That she openly claims to have a rule against, in her words, "ethnic foods" really says enough about her character. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can't see any reason for Airbnb to do this @Rebecca1162 - it is not right to censor guests and doesn't make any sense to me.

I do agree that Airbnb should do more around reviews that are purely retaliatory when a host claims for damages or asks a guest to leave because they break house rules.