Linked calendars on airbnb do not work when manually blocking dates

Arno188
Level 1
Ställdalen, Sweden

Linked calendars on airbnb do not work when manually blocking dates

I am having an issue using the "linked Airbnb-calendars". For my b&b I give the option to rent out the entire house - containing four bedrooms, or each of the four rooms separate. When a booking for the entire house is done the linked calendars work very well and block the other rooms, and vice versa.

The problem arises when I want to manually block dates in the calendar, in case I get a booking from my website via phone or email. Now I have to manually block the dates in all the calendars separately. Shouldn't the linked calendars feature allow for me to only block the dates in the calendar for the entire house, resulting in the four rooms automatically being blocked in their individual calendars as well? 

Hope someone can help me out!

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Arno188 that would be a nice option-- but if it were the only option it wouldn't allow you to block the individual listings separately, which someone also might like to do.

Tim3923
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

Did you resolve this? I’m having the same issue

@Tim3923 There is no issue here. Many hosts need to block one of their linked listings and do not want it to block the other listing. The system is designed this way. All hosts need to do is block both/all linked listings if they have a private booking or want down time.

Have the same issue! This doesn't make sense at all. Let's say you have House A, House B and House C (who is the combination of A+B together). If both A+B are booked "manually", not through airbnb, then House C should be blocked as well for those dates, not showing up as free. It looks like Airbnb is only taking into accounts airbnb reservations but not the ones that are manually blocked. If anyone found a solution, please let us know!