Listing not showing up on search, tried all previous solutions (host setup bugged?)

Joe2883
Level 1
Yuma, AZ

Listing not showing up on search, tried all previous solutions (host setup bugged?)

Hi there. I recently built a new guest house with the sole intention to rent it with AirBnb. I finally have the place furnished and ready to go, but unfortunately, my listing does not seem to appear on my area's search results and Insights stating 0 Views confirms this. I have asked various friends to search for my location and they cannot find it unless I link them directly to my listing. The listing DOES show up when I search on my own profile, but not for anyone else or when I try searching while logged out or in incognito mode. YES, the unit is marked as Listed and I have tried unlisting and relisting and etc etc. 

My area is not the most competitive location and I've even seen "Low availability. Book soon to secure a place to stay." when trying to search for the listing. I have followed all the existing guides on how to fix this issue and have completely delisted and relisted the place once with no prevail. My place is also very competitively priced, on par with that of RVs and literal tents in my area. 

Why is my listing not visible? I've gone over my settings over a dozen times now and have made it as unrestrictive and accommodating as possible. The only thing I notice that stands out to me is when I log in as a host, on the "Today" tab, one of the little introduction thumbnails refuses to check of regardless of how many times I complete, refill, or alter the information inside it. As you can see in the picture below, the "Customize your Calendar and Pricing" is not checked off while "Get Ready for your First Guests" and "Confirm how guests can book" are upon completion. As I mentioned earlier, I have completed the "Customize your Calender and Pricing" numerous times and even deleted my listing and recreated it to try and see if it will check off, with no avail. Could this be what's holding me up? 

Checklist.png

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joe2883 

Your listing is not in the search system (yet), as your direct link to it does not show a result:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=42641847&map_toggle=true

Please note it takes upto 24 hours after publishing before it appears in the search system

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Joe2883  it does take some time for your listing to become active. 

I also strongly suggest that you search in a different browser, NOT logged in to your account. 

The search has gotten buggy as well, so don't put in specific dates- do a flexible search for a weekend in multiple upcoming months to see if your listing shows. 

** When you are logged in and you search, AirBnB will always show your listing way up in the results, if not first. You're likely to see more accurate search results with regard to your own property when you're not logged in. That's my take on things, and that's how I do it. 

The AirBnB platform is buggy in random ways. Just figure out as best you can how to make it work for you. I would never ever call AirBnB for tech support, as it would likely make me lose my mind. Just accept that you're working with a flawed product, and do the best you can. Good luck. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joe2883  You need to remove the address of your listing and the access code for the door from your listing description immediately!  

You are essentially giving every thief out there an invitation to break into your home. 

The address will be provided to guests when they have a confirmed booking and you should always change the door code for each change of guests. Many hosts assign the last 4 idigits of tbe guest's phone number as the code, as it's easy to remember.

OMG. Good catch @Sarah977 

@Joe2883 You should also remove your Wi-Fi access details from the fully public part of your listing. 

Thanks. Most of that info was test info anyways from a copy/paste doc I typed up a while back anyways.