Listing

Jo271
Level 2
Jackson, MS

Listing

Just want to ask some input from anyone who might have experienced the same. We have one big house listed on Airbnb where we allow events/parties provided it is approved by the host. This property has been active for the past 2 years or so and we didn't have any issues since then. Last October 22 morning, I noticed that this property was no longer active. I called Airbnb support and was told that an email was sent to me from the Trust Team specifically from Smith M. Unfortunately, I didn't receive the email so the support that I was talking with that time forwarded the email to me and told me to respond to the email.

Below was the email from Smith M of Trust Team:

We've temporarily suspended the listing until it can be brought into compliance. You’ll still have access to your account and reservations associated with your listings will be unaffected.

Please update the following for the listing in question:

1. Add an explicit rule visible to guests prior to booking on the listing advertisement noting that
parties and events are not allowed. This should be on the main page of the listing advertisement, not in the house manual. “Parties or events not allowed” must be selected in the House Rules.
2. Remove the following from the listing advertisement:

- Others used it for weddings, cocktail parties, political events, and quiet enjoyment.
- Please disclose of type of event, activity,

If possible, we ask that you complete the above items within the next 48 hours. Please respond to this email when you have done so. The listing will remain suspended until this confirmation is received.

As a reminder, any attempt to relist this listing may result in further action on your account, up to and including removing your account from the Airbnb community

Right after I received the email, I right away modified our listing and removed everything that says about parties/events. Smith M responded to me twice saying that unauthorized party or party-friendly space(s) content is still present in the listing or listing advertisement. I asked him where can I find it since I can no longer see anything on my end but he no longer responded. The next day, I was able to talk with another support and she was so kind to walk me through and we found one line that was still on the listing. I did remove it, took a screenshot and attached it to the email that I sent to Smith M but I never heard a word from him/her. It's been 7 days now. I responded to the email everyday for a follow-up. Been calling Airbnb more than 20 times now but nobody can help me since this is handled by the Trust Team. We are now losing a lot of opportunities the past days and someone just sent a message today wanting to book for the place for June 23-27th stay. She sent a message through our other listing "The Guest Unit" which is adjacent to the listing that was deactivated.  What will be the best thing for us to do? Any idea will be appreciated. Thank you and stay safe.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jo271 

Can't you just activate the listing ?

I can't and we cannot relist either. Someone from support department been helping me makes a follow-up but they can't do more. We cannot relist the listing as well based on the email he said the following:

As a reminder, any attempt to relist this listing may result in further action on your account, up to and including removing your account from the Airbnb community