Local flyers and info?

Ryan2163
Level 1
Portland, OR

Local flyers and info?

Hey there, how do you all go about gathering flyers or info to put into your homes for your guests? Is this something airbnb encourages hosts to do or do you do it on your own?

I operate a social enterprise/recreational non profit and I am just looking for visibility and airbnb is huge in my area, so just curious.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ryan2163 

I gather flyers and touristic leaflets myself and put them on a side table in the hall way or kitchen, so guests can see them. They usually browse through it.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

From the local tourist board and attractions likely to be of interest to my guests @Ryan2163 

@Ryan2163  New Hampshire highway rest areas & local Chambers of Commerce have lots of free info to take. We have 2 binders in our White Mountains condo. One is about the condo, emergency phone numbers, rules, wildlife info & cautions, etc. The other includes local menus, brochures from the tourist info places, maps (including trail maps), under the heading of Lots to Do, Plenty to See in the White Mountains. All items are in plastic sleeves or pockets. I check it when we clean to see if anything needs replacing. Some sleeves have multiple copies of maps, for example, so guests can take one with them. So you should make sure brochures about your nonprofit are featured locally. If there are resorts nearby, or destinations, I would see if you can post some there or have them distributed. Does the organization belong to any local business groups? They can help. Or course, make sure your social media & website is extensively tagged to attract eyeballs. Good luck!   M.E. 

@Ryan2163  Airbnb doesn't care whether you supply flyers. You can collect some relevant materials from your local Visitors Center. From my experience, the overwhelming majority of guests don't have the slightest interest in flyers - they prefer to get straight onto the WiFi and get the info they need on their devices.

When I'm staying somewhere as a guest, I'm also uninterested in the brochures one could find in a motel lobby - at worst, those can just be unwanted clutter. But I do like having insider tips from locals. So if you're already preparing a printed House Manual with important details like the WiFi code and checkout instructions, it would be helpful to also add a page with personal recommendations for local restaurants and anything else that might create a more authentic neighborhood experience.