Location details

Rhonda130
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Location details

Hi All. 

I have just realised that my location description is slightly out of range on the map. 

I am unable to change it due to bookings already made. 

Because of this I notified a guest who has booked to stay in December and told them  that they needed to check the map and I gave them a street name  close to where my home is without using my actual address. 

The guest replied back asking if the house was??? And gave the exact house no and street name. I thought guests did not know the exact location until we told them. Please can somebody help as I’m feeling a little spooked. 

2 Replies 2

@Rhonda130 depending on how you've set your listing up guests either get the address immediately upon booking, or after the 48 cancellation period has passed.

To check how you're set up go into your listing and click on location. You can change whether the map location is the general area or specific (go for general if you're concerned about potential guests knowing your actual location). There is also a box right down the bottom titled "Visibility for booked guests". If you tick this then guests don't get your actual address until after free cancellation period has passed.

From experience, so many of my guests have not paid attention to my address that I now remind them of the street number and the apartment number in the check in message I send to them a couple of days before check in.

Rhonda130
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Thanks so much Rachel. 

Yep the address is there 😞 we have failed on our location setting !!! Ha ha ha! Never mind.  Will change it in the future when it will let me edit it. 

Thanks again x