Lost Superhost status during lockdowm

Carmen802
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Lost Superhost status during lockdowm

Received a message today that I had lost my superhost status due to not responding to 14 enquiries, from July 20. Umm we were locked down no one was hosting in their homes in England due to covid laws.

I asked how this could be when, they were sending me messages saying that I had gained superhost status ahain during lockdown...is this fair? Ate they serious?

9 Replies 9
Mark-and-Julie1
Level 3
United Kingdom

@Carmen802 We've just had the same happen to us. Very unfair as we have been fully booked since opening April 12th this year.. I'm waiting to hear from a support ambassador. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

So are you confused about whether you made SH status as I am confused? 🙂 Perhaps Air BNB system is confused as well.  Perhaps you should contact Air BNB to see what's wrong.   So, during the lockdown, you did not acknowledge inquiries at all, right?  I snoozed my listing until the restrictions were  lifted so I did not have to contend with inquiries.  If you left your listing available and therefore potential guests were reaching out to you, I think that might be the problem.  

Thank you all for responding.  I double checked my inbox and the first enquiry I had was 25th May, I responded the same day and consequently 3 further enquiries where responded to within the tine frame. There was only one that I did not respond to within the time frame.

Surely the enquiry can only be such when you know about it exist via the inbox. 

Apparently they have counted a searches that my co host made but these were just  searches not messages sent to me.  That surely cannot count if I did not receive a message.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Carmen802 @Mark-and-Julie1     The number of stays and cancellations criteria were waived for most of the lockdown period, but it was required to maintain a 90% response rate and an average of 4.8.

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/updates-to-the-2021-superhost-assessments-257

This was originally posted in August 2020, and was most recently updated in May 2021. 

Thanjs but they r saying I had 14 enquirues when my inbox shows 4.

Mark-and-Julie1
Level 3
United Kingdom

Thanks. Having looked at our stats, looks like we only got 4.5. Due to a guest review  that her holiday by the beach was not good as the beach was busy..  

That is unfair.  I thought they did not count factors beyond your control.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Carmen802 Your response rate is really low. Just because you were in lockdown and unable to host doesn't mean you can stop responding to inquiries and requests. The algorithm will get you for that. 

I responded to all but one within the timeframe.

My first enquiry was in May as my calender was blocked until June.

They have counted searches mafe by my co host but they were not enquiries as I received no notification.