My account has been hacked and my payment went to the wrong IBAN!! What do I do now?

Viktoria20
Level 2
Rome, Italy

My account has been hacked and my payment went to the wrong IBAN!! What do I do now?

Hi, I have been getting AIRBNB emails in Chinese the last weeks. Now I found the IBAN I do not recognise and probably my payment went to the hackers!! What do I do now??? The help center in Italy where not very aware about this kind of problems and I am not sure I'll get the help and my money soon. Somebody had this kind of problem here? I would like to contact somebody in Airbnb who deal directly with the hackers.  I can't even see precise datas of suspect IBAN I found in my account. 

Very much hoping for help, people!!!

Victoria

4 Replies 4
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Viktoria20 First of all contact your bank immediately and ask them to block your credit card and bank account which is linked to Airbnb then contact Airbnb on this following phone numbers the first is the United states Airbnb hotline and the second is for italy.  United States (USA): +1-415-800-5959, Italy / Italia: +39 06 99366533. Take action as soon as possible!!! Good luck

Viktoria20
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Thank you! Yes, I did. I spoke with Italian office and Irish as well.They promiced to resolve as soon as possible and I really hope they will. In the mean time I change all my passwords, Airbnb, Facebook, e.c.t.r.
You think I really should block even my bank account? Would be problem for me.

I would like my case will be the warning for others, please be careful everyone here! 

Victoria

@Viktoria20 Dont take risks block your bank account which is linked to Airbnb and never let your Airbnb account open on your pc or phone always logout after using the website. Good luck for the future!!!