My guest has a cat

Jane691
Level 2
Elmira, OR

My guest has a cat

Hello. I am fairly new to hosting on Airbnb, so I have accepted a guest with a cat. They are staying for a month, and I have now met the guest and her cat, and I have concerns of potential damage that the cat might cause to furniture and carpeting. 

I like my guest very much and she seems open to communication. What do you suggest? Should I write up some kind of agreement such that if her cat damages any furniture etc. that she will provide reimbursement for reasonable replacement costs? Other suggestions? 

17 Replies 17

@Jane691  I've seen the film crews in town once or twice, but I don't go downtown much- too crowded. I don't watch TV, so I've never seen the show. I guess one could consider it paradise if they didn't live here full time. There's nothing "paradise" about a propane distribution crisis (I ran out of propane a few days before xmas- which both my cooking stove and my water heater run on, as does everyone else's and couldn't get more until yesterday- my friend who has a full hostel is still waiting after being told they'd deliver yesterday morning- her guests are having to have cold showers), 14 day stretches where I haven't gotten any water, or the electricity going out in almost every rainstorm.

That’s a lot to endure!! Oh my.

Hi. Got it figured out.