My guests are paying in GBP but the payment account can only receive USD - will airbnb pay in USD?

Tal6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

My guests are paying in GBP but the payment account can only receive USD - will airbnb pay in USD?

Otherwise my bank cannot take the payment.  And if so, at what exchange rate?  Thank you!!

8 Replies 8
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would expect the to pay in Pounds, use your UK Bank Account.

David
Tal6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you.  I dont have an UK bank acccount.  Can the airbnb administrator please let me know? Thank you.

If you want to contact ABB then you should do so,

Renting a property and not having a local bank account would I imagine be unusual.

David
Tal6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you.  How can I contact them? I tried online but I couldnt figure it out.

I done it in the past but the billing was in dollars.

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

I have read some different things about the exchange rates, but yes Airbnb will pay you in your local currency - you can look on the reservation to see the amount you will get.  If the guest reservation says $50, then you will get $50.  

Tal6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you Melanie! Very helpful.  I also called the Airbnb customer service number and this is how they handle currency conversions:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/95/can-i-pay-with-any-currency

In case anyone is interested. 

I thought it was receiving money not paying you wanted to ask about.

David
JT-On-Behalf-Of0
Level 3
Santa Clara, CA

Tal,

We have quite a few Airbnb properties with guests who come from out of the country and pay in their currency, though we still always get paid in ours USD.  I believe you will always get paid out in the currency listed in your profile.  To be certain, you may want to call Airbnb customer support to get comfortable that your account is set up to meet your needs.  Here's their number 415-800-5959.

Good luck!

JT