My question is on my Cabo San lucas property. If it is listed in .ca can it be viewed on the inc

Linda785
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

My question is on my Cabo San lucas property. If it is listed in .ca can it be viewed on the inc

I have a property in Cabo which I listed on the airbnb.ca  My husband was searching via his phone, which is the airbnb.inc site and could not even locate our listing.  Why is that and do I need to list it differently

thanks

Linda

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Linda785,

I'm a bit puzzled by the ".inc". When I try to go to www.airbnb.inc it reports a "the server's IP address can't be found" error. When I check a domain registration service for .inc names it says that airbnb.inc is still available for someone to register. So I can't try to emulate your husbands attempts to find your listing.

Could  you include a screen shot of the browser, with the address bar showing, when your husband goes to airbnb.inc?

All guests who search will be on the airbnb site appropriate for their country and all listings are visible on all the Airbnb country websites.

As your listings are instant book ones it may help for him to try the suggestions in the post below.

Searching for your Instant Book Listing

Steve.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I'm wondering whether you mean .com rather than .inc, @Linda785. Is that the case? It doesn't matter that you set it up on .ca. Anyone, anywhere will be able to see your listing - .ca, .com, .co.uk, etc. 

If your husband is using the American URL - .com - and is unable to see the listing, it is not because of the .com, but maybe because it is new. 

If he is using .inc, then it will be as @Steve143 says - that is not an Airbnb domain extension. 

@Linda785, as @Steve143 and @Lawrene0 has pointed out, putting your listing on airbnb.ca will make it available on all the legitimate airbnb domains, especially airbnb.com.

I looked on airbnb.com and found your listing, as seen below.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 8.17.36 AM.png