extra guests

Corinne211
Level 2
Bundeena, Australia

extra guests

Hi I had some guests on the weekend and they invited a couple of extra people, who I know at least one of them  stayed the night. I've added a charge for extra guests, on my listing, but how do you enforce it? Ive also had to add to my house rules taht they are not allowed to use the spa after 8pm, as tehy were shouting and laughing loudly at 10.30pm in the Spa!

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Corinne211. At this point, you might request the money from the guest for the extra person that stayed. If the guest doesn't agree, escalate it to the Resolution Center. And make sure you include some info about the incident in the review for them.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Corinne211

In this situation you can either ask Airbnb to cancel a booking if you know your guests have brought in additional guests to stay contrary to your house rules.

Or you contact the guests and say you can see that they have XXX guests staying in your property who they haven't booked and paid for (presume you live on the premises or have CCTV) and that you are sending them an amendment to cover the cost of the extra guests. I would say to guests that if the amendment isn't accepted unfortunately the booking will need to be cancelled.

If you didn't have an extra charge on your listing for extra guests you can't add it and then charge your guests as it wasn't in force at the time they booked.