Not showing up on the "monthly stays" page

Not showing up on the "monthly stays" page

We do exclusively monthly stays, but for some reason our listing doesn't show up on the Airbnb "monthly stays" page.  Any idea why?  It actually looks like that page is missing a lot of the listings in our area for some reason.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Austin--TX/homes?refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes%2Flts&search_type=filter_c...

This is our listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/224603

Any idea why?

13 Replies 13
Mark1357
Level 4
Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, CA

wow! It looks like they are now only listings that only at monthly rentals? What?

That's not the regular search page, it's a special "monthly stays" page.

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

Dave and Kristy, please let me know when you figure this out. It is puzzling me also and I’m wondering what I am missing. This new “Monthly Stays” feature skips my listing totally. What are we missing, it has to be something simple. 

I read this, and expected there to be a tutorial or something for hosts. 

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/08/airbnb-rolls-out-new-features-aimed-at-its-next-big-bet-longer-ter...

Thanks/Glenn

Mill Bay Cottage

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

@David-And-Kristy1 

Now that I’ve looked deeper into it, it appears that you must have washer and dryer listed as in amenities as well as wifi and kitchen. I’m guessing that the new “Monthly Stays” searchable section only shows units with wifi, kitchen, washer and dryer. 

On the “Monthly Stays” that I’ve looked at, they all have a section that says  “this host has equipped this place for longer stays - kitchen, wifi, washer and dryer included”

Our Mill Bay Cottage does not have washer/dryer, therefore the algorithm that runs that particular search does not list my property. 

I believe this to be the answer, but would still like to find something from AirBnb to go by. 

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/08/airbnb-rolls-out-new-features-aimed-at-its-next-big-bet-longer-ter...

Glenn

Mill Bay Cottage

That sounded hopeful, but we added the washer/dryer amenity (coincidentally, we just added laundry to the unit), but it still doesn't show up.

@David-And-Kristy1  The article said “The company introduced a new notification for hosts to educate them on the benefits of longer-term stays, as well as a guide to update their listings to accept these types of bookings. Airbnb has decided to make that a permanent feature in the portal that hosts use to manage their listings.”

I still haven't found anything from AirBnb, maybe it’s in a test stage?

Glenn

Mill Bay Cottage 

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

What type of listings are part of monthly stays?

Listings that are highlighted in the Monthly stays section of Airbnb meet these criteria.

Accept longer stays

These listings must be available for bookings of 28 days or more.

Essential amenities for living

These listings have been outfitted with amenities that accommodate longer trips, including:

• Kitchen
  • Wifi
  • Washer
  • Essentials (toilet paper, soap, towels, bed linens, and pillows)
Discounted monthly pricing and deferred payments

Staying for 28 nights or more opens up new discounted rates for your stay. Listings that are included in Monthly stays must either provide a discount for or be priced exclusively for 28 days or longer.

Guests staying for 28 days or longer are able to pay for their stay on a monthly basis. Find out more about paying for your long-term stay.

Additional information for hosts

Find out what the differences are between short-term hosting and long-term hosting, and how to get started hosting longer stays.

@David-And-Kristy1  This is in the help section. 

Sieglinde10
Level 2
Louisville, KY

You need to go under amenities and find a filter to "allow stays over 28 days" as well.  However, adding the access to the washer and doing that still does not make my listings show up.

I checked for that and we do have that amenity checked as well.

Sieglinde10
Level 2
Louisville, KY

same was posted above...

Kanwalinder0
Level 2
California, United States

After doing all the things suggested above, you have to set "Maximum Stay" to some number larger than 28.  It doesn't work if maximum stay is not set, which one would intuitively think means "no limit."

Levi90
Level 2
San Diego, CA

The answer is that guests must search for SPECIFIC dates. I have the same issue and looked into this. It's a terrible oversite by Airbnb because most people looking for long-term stays arent searching for specific starting/ending dates. This must be changed!