On May 24, Airbnb will be announcing its most comprehensive update to its service in 12 years.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

On May 24, Airbnb will be announcing its most comprehensive update to its service in 12 years.

Hi everyone, 

Achievement of Airbnb is the accommodation, the economic benefits, and the ideological motives.

As Airbnb continues to encourage large-scale adoption of its product and business model worldwide, the company looks forward to continual innovation in its future.

Airbnb is not a commercial app; instead, it is well-rooted in the theme of travel and discovery. In addition to a graphical look that was very successful, it is a combination of factors and features. 

With innovation, persistence, and scalability, Airbnb has made extraordinary strides to become the successful startup it is today.

Airbnb’s May 24, 2021, Special announcement?

As the article below,

Author  by Thibaut Masson, the founder of Rental- scale-up

https://www.rentalscaleup.com/airbnbs-may-24-2021-special-announcement/

Airbnb ,The Most Wishlisted Places, Los Angelas, , Sevierville,Souel,Airbnb ,The Most Wishlisted Places, Los Angelas, , Sevierville,Souel,

12 Replies 12
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Dale711  Very interesting piece that's full of somewhat unsurprising data - unsurprising because we hosts have observed these trends:

"In the five countries where we launched the [Made Possible by Hosts] campaign...we saw an increase in the number of people making their first booking on Airbnb."

"In February, we launched a flexible dates feature...since the feature launched, there have been more than 90 million flexible date searches.  Guests who used this feature converted at a higher rate than those [who] did not."

"...we are improving our community support products...and scaling our operations by ramping our third-party support team."

This is the one that will strike terror into every host's heart:

"We’ve...redesigned every aspect of the guest journey...now, a new guest on Airbnb will be able to go from signing up to confirming a reservation in just 60 seconds."

In short, hosts are going to be tasked with training guests on Airbnb best practices, and support will continue to be outsourced and will therefore vary widely in its effectiveness.  But the very things that will be an additional burden to hosts will drive the stock price up after the May 24th announcement.

@Ann72  This should all be music to the ears of the high-throughput, rapid-turnover larger corporate-style hosting services that value quality and personal service lower than they do filling their spaces and their coffers, at the expense of perfect ratings. 

The one and only measure of all this is "booked nights". 

@Michelle53  That is indeed the one and only measure, the holy grail, the be-all and end-all.

There is an individual host here, not a service, but someone with two listings, who wrote that he absolutely has to, no excuses, no exceptions, have his places booked 365 nights a year.  He didn't say whether that was a monetary issue or what.  If it's monetary, why not just raise the rates to accommodate a few empty nights here and there?  If it's not monetary, what is it about?

@Ann72   That does seem odd, doesn't it?   Especially now, in our Covid world. One might think full-time tenants would better fill that need.  Of course, many landlords, now, are having a terrible time getting tenants to actually pay their rent. 

Maybe one can make more money on a nightly basis than full time/long term. There are always folks who feel the need to squeeze the last drop out of an investment. 

Personally, I'm a little nervous about that this new unveiling is going to be all about, especially after viewing the new arrival guide. 

@Michelle53  Do you mean you viewed the new arrival guide for your listing?  If so, how did you view it?

@Ann72  I viewed the demo that Stephanie posted a few days back. 

LOL thanks for busting me @Michelle53.  @Stephanie is going to kill me.  😂😱

@Ann72  Oops....

Hi @Ann72 @Michelle53 

This catches my attention, 

A new guest on Airbnb will be able to go from signing up to confirming a reservation in just 60 seconds.”

That means anyone can make a reservation?

208EE6FD-B40F-4C7D-AB28-FEEEE6C04973.jpeg

@Dale711  With this kind of announcement, the devil is always in the details. 

I read that to mean : "A guest can create a login account with no profile, any photo that may be handy,  (or no photo), an email address and possibly a phone number, but with a valid credit card for payment (of course).    They can then search for, and instantly book, any listing that allows a guest with zero reviews to IB".

I'm not really sure what's especially new about that, though, since I don't have IB turned on. 

I guess we will find out. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

HaHaHa.  Gee, that is just what I want.  Someone who books my listing in under a minute, because that will surely give them plenty of time to read the house rules, double check the location and check the amenities.  What could possibly go wrong??

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

wow...