PMS - Smoobu vs Guesty vs HomeAway

PMS - Smoobu vs Guesty vs HomeAway

Hello, everyone.
I'm looking at the mentioned in the topic PMS. Their features are pretty much the same and I was hoping to get some opinions from people who used/are  using them.
Does anyone use any of those (Smoobu, Guesty and/or HomeAway)?

3 Replies 3

Hi Daniela1596,

I'm the developer/founder of HostTools, any automated messaging and pricing tool for Airbnb hosts.  Host Tools is similar to Smoobu and Guesty.  HomeAway is another channel like Airbnb where you can list your property but is not a PMS.  

There are a lot of PMS available on the market and it comes down to features and price.  Host Tools is the least expensive tool available at only $5/month but also doesn't offer features like connecting to other services besides Airbnb like HomeAway or Booking.com (although that feature is currently in development and will be released soon).  If you're looking to send automated messages to your guests or create a better pricing strategy than what Airbnb will allow you to do with their tools, you should give Host Tools a try.  I offer a free 30-day trial.

Best,

Tom

Thanks for the reply.

I just now notice the typo I made. One of the softwares is not HomeAway but HostAway.

Mainly what I'm looking for is:
- to be able to send messages to guests
- to be able to post/update a listing at the same time in different platforms
- to be able to update prices again at the same time in different platforms
- synchronization of the calendar again in different platforms in order to avoid double bookings
- to have reports
- to be able to give access to the owner so they can see how their property is booked - again to be able to check that for different platforms from one place
- in general to be able to manage a property listed in different platforms without having to go through each platform.

I'll take a look at Host Tools now. Thanks.

Regards,

Daniela.

Ahmet11
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hello Daniela,

I see it's been a while since you started this discussion. I am not sure if you are still looking for a channel manager (PMS)

I've been using Smoobu for more than 2 years. I manage 50+ properties using Smoobu.

Overall I am satisfied. As a client, I wish it had more features than it already has, but I think performance of Smoobu stands out when you consider the cost.

From your requirements, I only noted that the following cannot be met by Smoobu:

- to be able to post/update a listing at the same time in different platforms

Truthfully, I am not aware of any CM/PMS that can do this task.

I tried Guesty, but the price drove me away from it.

In my opinion, best alternative to Smoobu would be IGMS. It is pricey, though.

Best Regards,

Ahmet