Parking

Kyle610
Level 2
Portland, OR

Parking

I have parking so I don't check this box. It then leaves the following statement underneath it that we can't edit. I just got another inquiry from someone saying they are confused about the parking situation as we say in other parts that we do indeed have parking. Am I wrong here that this is a mistake? 

Screenshot_20210828-074241_Airbnb.jpg

9 Replies 9
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Kyle610 

It looks like a website malfunction to me. Sometimes it is very slow to register changes.

You might try checking the box, waiting a few minutes, and then xing the other box again.

It's been a few hours. It's still the same. I think they just worded this wrong. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kyle610  This is an example of Airbnb's bizarre and confusing wording. I think you are meant to check the box if you do have parking on the property.

I agree with all of this except I don't think bizarre and confusing are the same as wrong haha. I think they just need to take out the word "not". 

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Kyle610  I see 4 different questions related to parking, under amenities - parking and facilities. 

Free parking on premises  - I assume this to mean a parking bay, carport, garage or driveway

Free street parking    - as it sounds, free parking on the street, unreserved

Paid parking off premises - an offsite parking garage or metered parking where you have to pay

Paid parking on premises - a paid, drive-in parking lot 

I would read the option you have as no ability to park in a garage or carport, or on the driveway (even if such a space exists). i.e. you can park elsewhere, on the street or in an off-premises location, but it may or may not be available, i.e. not reserved for your guests, and may or may not be free.

I see those as well, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm looking under the "Things your guests should know" tab. If all of my amenities say I offer parking but then no matter what I do they get a message saying I don't under this tab, they're going to be confused, just like they were this morning. This just needs to be fixed. 

@Kyle610     I don't have that - they must have changed the layout again, and I can't recall how that looks. 

I have a "Good to Know", and an "All about...." section on my preview, and all I see under amenities is "Free Street Parking" which is what I selected. 

I don't have that option you are showing, although I vaguely remember it. 

EDIT: I see it on the app under Property Info. Mine doesn't have a selection - I'm going to leave it alone.  The desktop and the app versions look different. But my Preview shows the right thing.  Which is I that have free street parking. 

Gotcha. How do you report something like this to them? It seems kind of obvious that they just need to make a simple little fix that should take someone 5 seconds to fix. 

@Kyle610  All you can do is provide feedback. Maybe someone, somewhere will read it.